Down side of large rims on sedans fwd? No hating please..gtfo if ur gonna hate

Funny how people say the speedo reads lower than actual.

I switched my Focus to the digital speedometer. The tach said that I was going 61-62 but the digital read 59.

Ridin 225/30/20s on my Focus but I also drive very careful.

24s on the Impala shouldn't really cause you any real problems besides turn radius and braking.

speedo reading lower is a true thing tho..the larger diameter of the rim and tire arent accounted for in the cars computer so it mathmatically translates the hub rotations into mph according to the stock tire and rim diameter. The hub could be turning the same speed but you actually go faster cuz the wheel covers more ground each rotation than the stock wheel.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

I do want to do the 24s..I mean big ass rims would look real nice ive seen some in my generation on 24s and I really like em..but I think ima just going to do 22s because im already having to replace the cv axles on 18s..but its ok I have lifetime warranty on the axles..my new ceramic pads and the rotors and even my lower control arms..which were all common suspension issues in this year fwd chevy from what ive been hearing and reading..and the guy who said impalas are basically 4dr monte carlos..your dead on man..thats a very true statement...same engines and suspensions on difference is the frame and cabin .

You will be pleased with the 22s!! Will fill the wheel well and look plenty big with the right rim choice.... as far as the drivetrain it will only be as you drive it... if you try to smash on the gas and abuse the gas pedal racing and shit then yes, your shit will fuck up lol but if your easy on the gas, brake early, basically drive with sense you will be FINE!!! ... and BTW, I had 18s also and the drive quality wasn't off by much... ONLY because I had a lower profile is the ONLY reason I felt the difference... other then that, they both rode good.. its all about getting the right offset and the right tires!!! if you try to put adapters and all that extra shit to make wheels fit then thats where you begin to fuck up... get the right bolt pattern, the right offset, the right width and a "thick" enough low profile like a 35 (can't remember exactly if thats what I had but thats PLENTY of tire) on 22s with that car, you'll be fine... Here's my MC on 22s (damn i miss my baby :( )

facebook_1177778978_zps643115e9.jpg

I'm digging the all black! I wanted a black one but I settled for red.

But I put 20s on mine and with the tires I got they are the exact same size as the stock ones and rides almost identical. But brakes do go faster I can tell. But I get all excited sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

Im a little late but i have 24s on my 04 impala as my dd. The ride will be rougher, something easily adjusted to. 255/30/24 or 275/25/24 is the tire you want. I personally run toyo proxes 255/30/24. I have custom springs in the front and back that give me a little lift to clear the tires, my fenders are also rolled. Problems that you will notice is decreased acceleration, brake pads will wear faster, and its more of a burden on the transmission that was doomed from factory. Easy solution to the brake upgrade is to get a set of 98-02 camaro brackets. Then get 98-02 camaro calipers or calipers from a c5 corvette. Drill and tap the brackets to mount to the car and brake solution solved. Also get a set of ss brake lines. That setup with a nice set of drilled and slottled rotors makes a huge difference with 24s. Tie rods will wear sooner, turning radius will decrease but i have still bust u turns, I haven't found a turn that I've couldn't make yet. There are write ups on the net about the brake upgrade any more questions just holler.

• 4 weeks later...

what ohm are u running the subs ? what is the box size ? port? and 4 subs will always be louder then 2 lol ... i have an mxt 8500 15 and i was hella impressed with it for now lol ... fosgate is a grate brand ..

NOPE

Yes, since I am almost sure he meant same size. In this case, four 12"s is double the cone area on same power.

Like asked, there's a lot of factors. I can say the electrical is nowhere near proper for 3,400 watts.

I have a 07 max on really light weight 22's lowered all the way around on progressive springs about (2inch). Braking distance does increase slighty acceleration is shit compared to stock, but over all I enjoy the ride it track as if on "rails" if that makes sense to you.. I had no bent/damaged rims/tires when I increased my psi over the recommended psi of the tire manufacturer after doing a little math on my cars weight and oem tire spec.. 1st season I had my rims on at recommended psi I had 2 bend rims and 2 busted tires with in 3 months luckily I bought 5 rims and 5 tire so I made it through the rim season inbetween repair which is expensive!!! The following yrs I did as I said previously and had no issues..

Archived