Down side of large rims on sedans fwd? No hating please..gtfo if ur gonna hate

1st don't hate or tell me don't put those rims on cuz it's stupid. I don't want to hear that and if that's all you got to say the you can gtfo. Now the question. WHAT ISSUES CAN LARGE RIMS CAUSE FOR A SEDAN? (22 24 n up) I know it can cause suspension problems like springs and shocks and ball joints but what else.? Can it hurt the engine the tranny? Or what? I have an 04 impala and I'm thinking about puttin 24s on it. I already have the larger springs it'll need so it won't rub .. And shocks ball joints ect isn't a worry for me, I used to work in auto parts and I still get good discounts on those things, plus I can fix it all myself

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Larger, as in big in diameter? First and foremost, theyre heavy.. bigger rotational mass. Acceleration will decrease and braking distance will increase.

This could be considered a downside.. depends.. but you need tires with a smaller sidewall.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

as King James said ride will be rougher and brakes work harder and wear quicker. it's like lifting a truck and putting big mud tires on it. they are heavier than what it was made for just take it easy with them I've seen guys mess up transmissions with bigger rims on cars because they weren't careful

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

And you won't stop for shit. It was flat out scary to try and stop my truck before I did the brakes. I couldn't even imagine it on an impala.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And you won't stop for shit. It was flat out scary to try and stop my truck before I did the brakes. I couldn't even imagine it on an impala.

i find it hilarious when people with donks have the stock rear drums on 28's. like holy shit LOL

I hate having stock 18s on my impala, they could of made a better stock brake package and it wouldn't be so bad, that's the one thing I dislike about my ride that's for sure.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Haha.. Yea I figured I'd put some new brakes on before changing the rims. It's on 18s right now. 1st step change my ball joints, 2nd my brakes , and then the springs n rims. I know I'll probably have to bend the spring cups upward but big deal rite? My even have to cut n bend down the mating plates in the wheel wells if I need to do than I'll probably shoot the bare metal with some bed liner. Just for protection from rust. I had 22s on my 79 Monte Carlo and I did notice the speedo read faster than I was actually goin. I was on the freeway and it read 73mph and my garmin was showing 65mph.. Thx for not hating .. I really think I'm gonna do it .. March 22nd I have an apt for my window tint and my rf t2d215 just burnt out so ill be installing a new sub stage soon. I'll probably make a build log.. My 1st build log

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived