bushroot Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 What do you want out of the mid bass drivers? Like what are your expectations.. Meaning, more "loudness," or more mid bass? more midbass, i wanna feel the mids when i turn them up. i know its prolly asking alot out of mids. No, its not unreasonable. I run a 7" mid per door. With pants on, at like 3/4 volume.. I start to feel the mids on my leg which is like 6" from the door. I know you said that Sundown is too expensive, but do you have a budget? im at about $600 into 8 6.5's and 6 8" prv speakers so prolbably around that much. i was really happy going with prv cause they offered what i was looking for but i guess thats how life goes. anyhow i can only come out 2.75" on my fiberglass door panels cause of the seat adjustment knobs, and about 1 inch on the inside of the door before it hits the regulator. i have room to fit 3 8's on the front doors. the rear doors i have complete What did you wrap your door with? Ozite?
MoSes Posted March 10, 2014 Author Report Posted March 10, 2014 What do you want out of the mid bass drivers? Like what are your expectations.. Meaning, more "loudness," or more mid bass? more midbass, i wanna feel the mids when i turn them up. i know its prolly asking alot out of mids. No, its not unreasonable. I run a 7" mid per door. With pants on, at like 3/4 volume.. I start to feel the mids on my leg which is like 6" from the door. I know you said that Sundown is too expensive, but do you have a budget? im at about $600 into 8 6.5's and 6 8" prv speakers so prolbably around that much. i was really happy going with prv cause they offered what i was looking for but i guess thats how life goes. anyhow i can only come out 2.75" on my fiberglass door panels cause of the seat adjustment knobs, and about 1 inch on the inside of the door before it hits the regulator. i have room to fit 3 8's on the front doors. the rear doors i have complete What did you wrap your door with? Ozite? nah its just cheap felt i bought at jo-ann fabrics lol
bushroot Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 I'm trying to decide between marine grade vinyl and Ozite stretch carpet for my doors. I was originally leaning towards vinyl, but I'm thinking carpet because I bang the door with my foot when getting out.
MoSes Posted March 10, 2014 Author Report Posted March 10, 2014 I'm trying to decide between marine grade vinyl and Ozite stretch carpet for my doors. I was originally leaning towards vinyl, but I'm thinking carpet because I bang the door with my foot when getting out. im sure the ozite will be way easier to wrap. i wanted to go with vinyl too but i didnt feel like taking the risk. if you do go vinyl i was told the more expensive kind is more flexible then the marine grade.
bushroot Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 I bought "marine grade vinyl" at Jo-Ann for my A-pillars. It's extremely flexible with a heat gun. You can see pictures in my thread in this same section.
bushroot Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 I've never done pro audio stuff, so I don't know, but the DB Drive P3M 8C is certainly cheap and shallow. For all I know though it might sound like a fart in the next room...
MoSes Posted March 10, 2014 Author Report Posted March 10, 2014 I've never done pro audio stuff, so I don't know, but the DB Drive P3M 8C is certainly cheap and shallow. For all I know though it might sound like a fart in the next room... LOL! just looked at them, seems they dont have specs on there website about the depth of them.
MoSes Posted March 11, 2014 Author Report Posted March 11, 2014 anyone use the b2 audio mids before? http://www.wooferwarehouse.com/HN8-8-Pro-Audio-_p_215.html or http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rockford-Fosgate-PPS8-8-Punch-Series-8-8Ohm-Full-Range-Pro-SpeakeR-PPS88-/290770604628?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item43b3475254
bushroot Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 You might see if the folks at b2 might give you some free speakers for correcting the horrible English on their site...
MoSes Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 You might see if the folks at b2 might give you some free speakers for correcting the horrible English on their site... lmao that would be awesome if they did!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.