Sonic Electronix

What kind of electrical should I be looking at to run 2 DC 7.5k? How many runs should I make front to back, how many runs from alt to battery? Need some diagrams to look at. Also, can I play 150s on music with 2 7.5ks, and 4 level 5 18s or can 4 Xls handle 2 7.5ks? Im probably not going to wall, just a big box tuned about 29hz, in a suburban.

No one will be able to tell you what kind of score you'll be able to hit. There are too many variables. With the right box, yes, you should be able to get that score. Not sure if on music,but surely on burp.

If you're looking at that kind of power, do the Level 5s.

Edit-With that much cone area,there will be no need to tune that low.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Planning 24-28cube box with the back seats out.. Like 15in port per cube? I think torres said it was about 340sq inches of port total, tuned at 31hz. I mean, surely to god I could hit 150s on music with 15k rms with that kinda box and right electrical. What kind of electrical should I look at? Could I run 15k rms with 2 alts? 1? How many runs of wire front to back, and under the hood. How many batteries would I need, etc.

Well 15" per for of port with 25 cubes is 375". 28 cubes it's 420".

As far as your electrical goes, 2 wicked HO alts should be enough. For a bank with that power, 6-8 group 31 batts. Wire runs, depends if you run OFC or CCA and length of runs. If OFC, let's assume 350A per run at 20 ft. That's 1400A of capability with 4 runs. That should be enough. If going CCA, as an additional run or two.

Again, no guarantees on numbers. Tuning at 32 Hz could very definitely be tuned lower once that 32 Hz tuned box is loading against the rear hatch. Testing and tweaking and a MONSTER amount of deadener will be needed, no doubt.

It'll sounds like Shit if you don't deaden, that's what will happen. You're going to spend $5K in equipment, another $2-3K in electrical, and you're thinking about skimping on a few hundred bucks in deadener? You want a solid ride that hits 50s on music, you will need to deaden.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick by any means. But for that much power if you have to ask I don't think you should be running it. Also deadner is a must on any ride. I'm only running 1.2k and I am still in the process of deadening the hell out of my trunk.

But to answer your questions I do agree with clean. 2-3 350amp alts and I would do 10x batteries (overkill or go home lol). With at least 4runs (I problem would do 5 just in case) to the bank.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

It'll sounds like Shit if you don't deaden, that's what will happen. You're going to spend $5K in equipment, another $2-3K in electrical, and you're thinking about skimping on a few hundred bucks in deadener? You want a solid ride that hits 50s on music, you will need to deaden.

Doesnt deadener make it quieter on the outside of the car?

Archived