(2) Builds 04 F150 & 99 Lincoln Continental

So I'm tired of my sound system and want to upgrade. But first I need some help buying the right equipment.

F150 has Type R Comp door speakers front only. Type R 10" sub and PDX V9 amp. The amp sounds fine, but i'm concerned that it never came with a birth sheet. Could it be a counterfeit? I purchased from a discount seller through Amazon. Also I have Pioneer 4400 headunit. Pretty much everything but Navi. Also Sears Die Hard Platinum Battery.

Now onto the Lincoln. Pretty much stock. I use this vehicle for Airport pickup / drop off, so If I do dual subs, i'll make it so it can easily be removed. Besides that, has Kenwood 545 Single Din headunit. Nothing special, just HD. Probably going to toss it.

And in my house I have RF Prime R1000-1D, and 1 more Alpine Type R 10" about 1 year older model than the one in pic below.

Lincoln I will use factory speaker locations. Alpine Type R comps up front. Type R coax in rear, and on rear deck. Probably will buy (3) 2 channel amps. Also will put Pioneer 4400 headunit in Lincoln. And will put the two 10" type R in ported box with the RF amp.

So Lincoln is about ready to go. Needs Big 3 and doors sealed.

Okay having trouble posting pics, and have to go to work, so I will play with it later.

So I listen to all music, Probably Hip Hop mostly. I think Im kinda right in the middle of SPL and SQ. I dont intend to compete, just want an awesome system.

But the truck will be done first, as its the daily driver.

Going to get a new Double Din. Either Alpine, Pioneer, or Kenwood.

Heres where i need help.

Wanting to do 3 ways in truck. JL C5 or maybe Morel Virtus 603. I don't know much about speakers maybe better stuff out there, or maybe I should stick with 2 ways. Either way, im going to but the Q logic Kick Panels.

Going to stay passive, as I'm no audio pro.

No Plans for Sound Processor. Is it worth it for my setup?

No plans for rear doors yet. Maybe down the road.

I was leaning towards two or three Sundown SD's (3 8's or 2 10's) but like the door speakers not definite yet. Maybe better stuff?

Was thinking of 1200 - 1500 W amp wired down to 1 ohm.

Of course both vehicles need BIg 3 and need to be sealed up.

I will start build once I have most equipment, because I will be buying from Amazon again, and I think like $699 and up you get 0% 12 or 18 months.

I know everyone has hobbys and vices, and I am by no means judging, but is having a stereo in your car really such a priority it is worth financing? Everyone likes to make it seem like it is no big deal to finance stuff and they will "pay it off" right away......but life happens. It starts as financing a few subs or something, and then it either gets blown out of proportion financing more-and-more, or something happens to a vehicle, your living situation, etc., etc., etc....and then you are in a whole you can't dig out of, and for what? Some sounds?

Why not take some time and save up....piece things together, not to mention sometimes going that route you end up finding better deals over time anyways.

Just my $.02....don't take it as disrespectful or anything of that nature, I don't intend it that way. Just seems foolish to finance something like that.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Thanks 79 cutty for you quick reply and concern. A little background info on me. Im 20 years old. Im living on Long Island in New York. I do odd jobs for income. To answer your question, I feel more comfortable financing. I feel incase of emergency I always have cash. Maybe transmission will crap out soon for truck?? IDK, but just had brand new motor put in for 5k. Also i am building my credit. I hate owing money, so I will be paying as much cash as I can at a time probably average $500 per payment (wont touch my savings for this). I do spend alot of time in truck, whether im scraping metal, going to various different jobs, going to school. Everything in my part of Long Island is relatively close. Stores < 1 mile, school < 15 mile, but I still do about 15k miles a year just in the truck. So to me the cost is worth it. I'm not offended at all. Thanks for your contribution.

P.S. once i figure out how to upload pics you probably will better understand. but long story short, a lot of aftermarket stuff already.

Archived