Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

^^Kenwood head units have a "volume offset" function. Basically offsets the volume by X number of clicks. He turned down the offset, reducing the volume of his head unit and making it so he can go to 35/35 without clipping, then set his gains with that.

Also: What source do you play your music through, and what source did you use for the dd-1 tracks?

Correct on the vol offset mention.

As far as source of music, I use the Ford sync USB and the FM as well as online stations like IHeart via wifi.

I used the CD that came with the DD1, is that what you are asking?

If you play music through USB, you'll want to load said tracks onto that USB and re-set using that. Difference sources can have different volume levels that will skew your results. There is a link to the tracks in my sig

^^Kenwood head units have a "volume offset" function. Basically offsets the volume by X number of clicks. He turned down the offset, reducing the volume of his head unit and making it so he can go to 35/35 without clipping, then set his gains with that.

Also: What source do you play your music through, and what source did you use for the dd-1 tracks?

yeah that volume offset was designed so that when you switch sources (fm to ipod or whatever), the volume difference wont be crazy.

keep volume offset on 0.

Using the volume offset is perfectly valid. I do it on mine. Any source I have, I can turn the volume to 35 without having to look down and count if I want to full tilt

Edited by SnowDrifter
Posted

Ok, so here is what I am hearing from you guys.

Set HU only using track 2.

Set multichannel using track 4 or 6, 4 probably being best SQ and 6 being a little less SQ and a little more SL.

Tune sub using track 1 only. This 1 conflicts with the manual tho as the manual says use 3,5 or 7 depending on what I want. Which 1 should I use 1 or the 3,5,7 choice?

Lastly, if I do end up tossing this amp, what is a very good quality mofst amo brand that I should go with?

Thanks to all of you for the help!

Posted

40hz and 1khz 0db tracks for headunit

-5 or -10db 40hz and 1khz tracks for amps.

done.

Posted

If it were me, here's how I'd do it

Set head unit with both track 1 and 2.

Set your 4 channel with track... I don't know the track numbers. Either 1kHz -2.5db or 1kHz -0db

Sub amp with 40Hz -5db or 40Hz -7.5db.

Those are my own tracks, see the link in my sig

Posted

depends how much you want to spend.

Not worried about price, if I buy a good one once it will be cheaper in the long run so whats your thoughts?

audison.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3281 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...