Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Level 5 15s box


mmets

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone out there want to design a box for two DC Level 5 15s? I can build it. Have one but want to try a different one. I can use 46x20x22-26. Port it the center. I common wall. Ran off two DC 5k's. xs 3400 and 4 3100's. 5/8 threaded rod for brace. Any takers? TIA

I have messed with the calculator. Just want to see if I can find something a little better. Sub displacement is .48 also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

Anyone out there want to design a box for two DC Level 5 15s? I can build it. Have one but want to try a different one. I can use 46x20x22-26. Port it the center. I common wall. Ran off two DC 5k's. xs 3400 and 4 3100's. 5/8 threaded rod for brace. Any takers? TIA

I have messed with the calculator. Just want to see if I can find something a little better. Sub displacement is .48 also.

What kind of vehicle is it going in and what kind tuning are you looking for?

If it's going in some kind of SUV do you want subs up?

Posted

Its going in a 07 trailblazer and tuning around 33/34. subs up port back. I have a pic in my build log of what is there now. only change will be the batteries and will be putting them on their sides and using some flat bar for buss bars to clean up some of the wires back there.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

Sorry with my math there. The depth of the box can go to 20. i do like the design though. My batteries will all be on their sides so i will have some room in the center. Only thing i will will be the buss bars going across the center.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

So does that mean your height can be 22-26" or it can't be no more than 20"H and 20"D.

If that is the case then you really can't make a box big enough,DC recommends 3.75cuft net per sub.

I noticed your current box is notched to fit around the fender wells,if you can give me those dims i might be able to work something out.

Posted

I can go up to 26 if need be. lower part of box is 46 and after the notch its 52. the notch at the bottom is 4 inches. I think if i go up with the notch i cant go any higher than 22/23 because it hits the pillars at the back hatch if that makes sense

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

I can go up to 26 if need be. lower part of box is 46 and after the notch its 52. the notch at the bottom is 4 inches. I think if i go up with the notch i cant go any higher than 22/23 because it hits the pillars at the back hatch if that makes sense

See if this one works better

7.5 cuft net @ 34Hz

You can add whatever you want for bracing front to back,i allowed a little extra displacement for that.

I would recommend 1-1/4" to 2" Dowel Rods,that way you don't have all thread with nuts and washers sticking out.

PortedBoxfor215DCAudioLevel5s-2_zpsa8fc7

Posted

Thats pretty much what i was looking for. Do have a question though. for the rear of the port what is the length of the two sides and also the "v" in the center? Besides not knowing that I can do this (or port length) Are we also talking 3/4 mdf or birch, doubled up all around?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

The pieces for the port are

Part 1 = 14-1/2" x 19-3/4"

Part 2 = 3-1/2" x 19-3/4"

The pieces in the middle of the port on the back wall are 3-3/4" wide.

You can build it out of MDF or Birch your choice,and the only thing that is doubled up wood is the baffle where the subs mount.

If you double up all around it will end up to small in net cuft.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2853 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...