Second Skin Audio

What options do i have wiring my subs?

Skax

ok so i wanted to know all of my available options for wiring 2 dc level 4 12's dual 2 ohm

i have them like this right now but the way my box was built it has a hole in the back big enough for 2 runs of speaker wire so i was going to wire each sub to a seperate channel of my 2500bdcp and i would highly appreciate it you could tell my my available options for wiring each sub and a diagram

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

RF 2500bdcp only has one channel, so you can only get .5, 2, or 8 ohm loads out of two, dual 2 ohm voice coils.

Most mono amplifiers have two positive and two negative speaker outputs, but they are internally on the same channel.

EDIT: Don't do .5ohm...

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

RF 2500bdcp only has one channel, so you can only get .5, 2, or 8 ohm loads out of two, dual 2 ohm voice coils.

Most mono amplifiers have two positive and two negative speaker outputs, but they are internally on the same channel.

ahh thats the answer i was looking for so if i wire each sub like such 1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.png

then the final impedence will be 2 ohms correct?

another question: since i dont have the electrical for 2ohms atm and was considering 8ohms what kind of wattage you think i would get on a wild guess?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Right, the final impedance should be 2 ohms. That's series, parallel.

You could try 8 ohms, but I have no idea what the power will be, its hard to tell without a way of measuring it. Maybe half of what it can do at 4 ohms.

It would be fine to run at 2 ohms, just watch your voltage. If it's dropping too much, set the amplifier gain lower.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

You could try 8 ohms, but I have no idea what the power will be, its hard to tell without a way of measuring it. Maybe half of what it can do at 4 ohms.

It would be fine to run at 2 ohms, just watch your voltage. If it's dropping too much, set the amplifier gain lower.

yeah my problem is im on stock alt and stock battery ganna upgrade to d975 as soon as i get my amp fixed and wires in then save up for the d975 and a d3100 then alternator lastly just the fact because idk how much more this car can take lol i can always take the batteries out and throw em in another car

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

yeah my problem is im on stock alt and stock battery ganna upgrade to d975 as soon as i get my amp fixed and wires in then save up for the d975 and a d3100 then alternator lastly just the fact because idk how much more this car can take lol i can always take the batteries out and throw em in another car

If you're worried, just wait it out, save up, and then build a good system. That's the safest way of doing it.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

If you're worried, just wait it out, save up, and then build a good system. That's the safest way of doing it.

yeah im ganna do like you said ganna just throw in a voltmeter watch my voltage at 2 ohms and just keep the gain down until i feel like my voltage is comfortable thanks for the help tron

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived