im thinking of installing........

lkle on my laptop that has windows 8.1. i hate windows now, i wish xP could stick around for another 2-2.5 years but i know its gotta go. does anybody use LKLE or ZORIN? i know theres plenty of ubuntu users here but since i have a love affair with xp, im trying to stick as close to it as possible.
i have a HP spectre 13 ultrabook FYI, with the 4gigs of RAM and 128 SSD. i would love to run audacity on it, and install adobe flash (if possible to watch youtube stuff and see occasional movies on letmewatchthis), adobe reader (again if possible to download PDFs) and some type MSoffice-like suite as well. this HP is only the 4th computer i had since 2000 and theyve all been windows (compaq desktop, acer travelmate and a lenovo s10 netbook which i still have and use alot).

thanks kids

adio

Speed, support, stability. Linux is fine if you want to learn it, but I find it frustrating trying to do things because I know windows better. That's not to say its the fault of Linux, sometimes it just seems to be more complicated that it needs to be.

If you hate Windows 8 for the Start Screen and other UI changes then you'll likely be happy with Windows 7. Win7 is very much like XP in terms of layout with a few additional visual flairs added (Aero + Taskbar icons). It will run very smoothly on your laptop, especially since it will be running on an SSD.

If you're dead set on Linux then this forum likely isn't the best resource (not a ton of *nix users here) but if you're willing to give Windows 7 a shot I think it will suit your needs very well.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Zorin ultimate is the only close to looking like windows xp or 2000 you can also change it to look like apple theres plenty of of choices out there just google linux distro and try for free live install you can boot and run from cd dvd or usb without installing i run Ubuntu 64 on my labtop i also use windows 8.1 on my desktop i like them all but if you like free then linux is the way to go

Archived