Sonic Electronix

Damn it guys im sorry to be such a bother...

what's the difference between dual 4 and dual 2 ohms? and what would match up better with a 1500.1, a L7 dual 2 or dual 4? Im really really having a hard time deciding on what to buy, i just dont want to be disappointed. so let's put it this way, if you had a kicker zx1500.1 and you had up to 300 to spend on a sub/subs, what would you do?

are you getting 1 sub per amp? If so, the dual 2 ohm subs can be wired to 1 ohm at the amp ( which you would probably chose) or 4 ohms at the amp...dual 4 can be wired to 2 ohms at the amp or 8 ohms at the amp... If you are getting one 1500 and 1 L7, get the dual 2 and wire it in parallel to 1 ohm.

that is assuming that amp is 1 ohm stable!!

Edited by littleitaly1990

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

i very sincerely appreciate your guy's input this is the only/best audio forum i use...but like, lay mens terms!? lol i dont know how to wire it to 1 ohm if i did that. ill only be putting 1 amp in, i think that's enough for me, considering ive been using 2 memphis pr 12's with a 600 watt xplode (haha, got it free so...) for a good time now.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7154

if you got a dual 1 ohm sub, you would be able to wire it to 2 ohm.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

play around with their website if youre unsure about wiring. if you still cant figure it out, im sure someone else here can help you since im going to bed :P

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

if you were to get a dual 4 ohm, you could wire it in parallel and bring it down to 2 ohms which is what kicker is stable at(as previously stated). if you were to get a dual 1 ohm, wire it in seris(i believe) to bring it up to 2 ohms.... i doubt you can get a dual 2 ohm to run at 2 ohms on a monoblock(correct me if im wrong)

current set-up:

headunit: kenwood excelon kdc-x891

mids: front: mb quart reference 6.5s rear: pioneer TSA941 6x9

mid and high amp: performance technique ICBM-773

sub amp: kicker 08zx2500.1

subs: (2) 08s15l7d2

4.25 cubic foot sealed box

big 3 all in hooker 1/0 wiring

Sacrifice your car to the Audio Gods and DBs will come.

if you were to get a dual 4 ohm, you could wire it in parallel and bring it down to 2 ohms which is what kicker is stable at(as previously stated). if you were to get a dual 1 ohm, wire it in seris(i believe) to bring it up to 2 ohms.... i doubt you can get a dual 2 ohm to run at 2 ohms on a monoblock(correct me if im wrong)

youre correct my friend. unless you have 2 dual 2 ohm subs......

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg