Sonic Electronix

My speakers that run off my amp in my car are no longer working.

This morning on my way to school i was listening to music. School ended i left, with music playing. About 5 minutes into the ride home my speakers stopped playing audio, besides the stock ones in the tailgate that don't run off the amp, and sub. I thought maybe it could be the fuses. I got home and changed those but they still aren't playing. I personally don't know what could have caused it. Any help?

So your sub amp still works, but your mid/high amp quit? List your vehicle and amp model.

Check the obvious first, did anything come unplugged? Remote wire, RCA's, power or ground?

Does the amp power on when you turn your stereo on?

If you are too lazy to post the info in your thread and expect people to go hunting it down just to help you out then you are in for a good time here.

Good luck.

that's a good start to get help. and check where you ran your wires threw the door. sounds like you have a grounded speaker wire. meaning the bare wire is touching your cars metal. that's assuming that you checked the obvious. you said your amp still turns on, to trouble shoot disconnect your speaker wires from your amp. go grab any speaker you can find take a short length of wire plug it in your amp and then to the speaker you just grabbed.if that plays music odds are you have a short. if that doesn't play.. well we'll go from There.

as far as clicking on your profile,.i always use mobile so none of that info is there.if you want help i wouldn't tempt the people that have.been here a while.

i hope this helps

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage