3 way passive

ImaNoob

Anyone run 3 way passive Bi Amped ? Would it be mid range and tweet on one amp and mid bass on another ? I was going to replace my deck to the 99 prs, think im going to hold off for a while though. I have my rear channel open that i could use for front mid bass. As long as Bi amp works as said above TA should work out ok i would think..? Not really going for full blown SQ just more musical, keeping up with 2 12s..Whats your thoughts on Morel ? would be 6.5 mid bass , 4 inch mid and tweeter in pillar ..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

I run a 3-way for my front doors. The midbass woofers are run active and the mids and tweeters are run passive. If you're going to spend the money for Morel you should consider the Integra point source component coaxials. Although I'm not sure why you would want a P99RS and a 3-way setup if you're not very "SQ" focused, as this is exactly what the point of that kind of build usually is. You could spend less money on a cheaper head unit and an 8-channel DSP and still be under the cost of a new P99RS.

The time alignment will work out fine if you keep the mids and tweeters right next to each other. The Morel point source driver would do exactly that. It's going to make for a large A-pillar pod with nearly no air space behind it, which is one mark against that plan. It would definitely be an attention grabber.

Archived