jarrius Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Im looking to replacing the factory speakers in my wifes 2005 ford Taurus. I do kinda want to keep this a cheap budget build but also as all I want it to sound good. I would really like not to spend more then 300 for it all. I know I will need a kit for it sohttp://www.crutchfield.com/p_120995717/Metra-99-5717C-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486 ($80.00)According to Cruchfield 5 1/4 in is in the doors. so I would like to stick with that and I can add some tweets to the front by the pillers they already have holes for them from the factory .I was thinking a RF prime 250x4http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R250X4/Rockford-Fosgate-R250X4.html?tp=35782 but I am open to options. what 5 1/4 set of speakers would yall run that sound good but yet cheap lol 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
ImaNoob Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Sonic is cheaper on those you listed... 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
ImaNoob Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 You can get rockford components from 69 bux, not sure how they sound though..Do you need a 4 channel ? 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
jarrius Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 I know sonic is cheaper I was just on crucified at the time looking up specs since sonic does not offer that yet. And why I was thinking 4 channel was 1 channel for each door. 4 doors 4 channels but that's why im asking I don't know. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
ImaNoob Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Thought you were just doing the front... 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
jarrius Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 nope doing all 4 doors 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
ImaNoob Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 If it was my wifes car i would just put a decent component set up front on a 2 channel, using the fade on HU for rear fill...N call it a day. As long as shes happy of course .. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Guest Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 i like sonic for their cheap prices, but crutch for their free wiring stuff and dash kits and car fitment selector thingy.
jarrius Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 Me to Kranny. Now what set of speakers would yall recommend I really have not done to much with mids and highs to know whats good for the money besides amps. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.