Second Skin Audio

Sub box in '97 suburban

Ok , need a little help. Trying to design a sub enclosure for my '97 'burb. What I want is something that is not going to take up room. We use this for traveling, but we like our music too and we need bass. I'm just trying to decide on what size sub to go with that will give me good all around bass but still not take up room. I built a enclosure for my '05 crew cab GMC that is ported with a single 10" JL (I don't remember what frequency it's tuned too?) It has decent bass, but I would like to try to use a 12" in the 'burb to have that " all around " bass. Just looking for some ideas.

Going up a size will not affect the sound of the bass. The box will affect the sound. IMO if you want good sounding bass get sundown x10's in a pores box on about 1.2k for each sub. They sound amasing.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Ehh, if you're only looking to fill in that bass gap, then I'd get SQ's HDS212's in a nice 3 cuft ported box. Tune to about ~37hz for daily, if you love low bass then tune to ~32hz

Sub up, port towards hatch, and about 60 square inches of port or ~40 if you're using areo ports. (IE: 2x 6" areos) You could slide by with two 4" areos if you wanted though.

Oh, and use torres' box calc on here to just have some fun with measurements. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived