'01 Civic performance mods?

well anytime i think about doing any engine upgrades to my car i always ask myself when will i use the more power? or will it actually be worth it?

the answer is always no so i don't upgrade it haha. id rather save the money for repairs (265k miles)

but if you are serious then a swap would be the best start. your car is probally light enough that it would make a fun track day car too with a few handling upgrades.

I've built a 1000hp turbo v8 in a Camaro, that the guy drove on the power tour (3k miles), got decent mileage, idle all day if needed, and the car has done 200mph.

Ohh ya, did it for $4500.

Show me a 1.7l that can even come close.

You wouldn't be highly disagreeing with me, you'd be highly disagreeing with physics. Front wheel drives are pure shit for trying to go fast. As the old addage says, there is no replacement for displacement.

OP, not trying to discourage you, but if you do anything serious, swap. If you want just a little extra oomph, have the head ported, and spray a 50 pill.

Search the name Larry Widmer, The Old One. It might be Theoldone.com, not sure. Read, read, read. I've worked around this man, and he is the BEST Honda head guy out there. Hell, one of the best head guys all around.

Now, the guys in my line of work (nascar) poo poo him for thinking outside of the box, but his fast burn head theory is quite functional, and his heads were on Bill Elliots car when he set the all time top speed record at Daytona and Talledaga. Hell, the guy even created a variable compression ratio rod to cheat the NASCAR compression rule. Pure genius.

I can give you his phone # by PM if you wish.

S2000? That's a 2.0 but I'm positive with the righ setup, tune, and everything, it will keep up. The even at 700hp, it can prob keep up for a good minute. The reason I'm saying is weight. A v6 that can beat the v8 is a supra. But I'm not hating one bit. Good shit on your maro, but a certain inline 4s can keep up.

Out here , b series are cheap. But not that cheap. Still 1000-2000 for te whole swap. K series are more nasty then bs, but more $$.

Get a 2jz in thy civic haha. Might have to do frame work but fuck it gaha

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

A supra is a straight 6.

Certain inline 4s may be able to make that power after tons and tons of engine work. Huge money I'm assuming.

Supras can be made fast but so can any camaro or mustang.

I agree. Supras and Mustangs can be made fast because of how big their engine bay is. They got alot of engine space to work it. Espcially 93+ supra and a cobra.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Your right it doesn't. But it does determine the amount you can do without doing frame work. But to people with money, frame work is nothing but to people on a budget, frame work is not gonna happen

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

• 3 months later...

Best option is probably a swap, the B series can be fairly cheap now and with your car being an 01 you might be able to make use of the wiring harness with one, idk a lot about hondas, i just bought a 99 si for a daily and love it, makes pretty good power for a practically stock car. If i was going to swap Id do a poor mans type r which if i remember right is a B20 block with a B16 head, good power for an na daily driven car and will get good fuel mileage still with the right tune, finding a good tuner is key with whatever you choose to do

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

Best option is probably a swap, the B series can be fairly cheap now and with your car being an 01 you might be able to make use of the wiring harness with one, idk a lot about hondas, i just bought a 99 si for a daily and love it, makes pretty good power for a practically stock car. If i was going to swap Id do a poor mans type r which if i remember right is a B20 block with a B16 head, good power for an na daily driven car and will get good fuel mileage still with the right tune, finding a good tuner is key with whatever you choose to do

to do a b swap in a em2 is just not worth it as almost everything is custom where a k will bolt right in with kit and you can use stock parts for the swap like axles shifter box cables and harness

• 3 months later...

Archived