Speaker wire size question

OK not real sure if this is the right category for speaker wire but if it is not sorry I'm not used to forums. Well any way here is my problem, I.m getting 2 PRECISION POWER PC.124 and will be powering them with a Lanzar Opti2000.1 and I need help with the speaker wire,not the power and ground already got that figured out, I want to know if 8 gauge will be sufficent for the subs or should I just use 2 runs of 10 gauge will work just as good, I want to make this install clean. Will be installing this in a 1988 Chevrolet Camaro if that helps any.

8 gauge will be awesome, way more than sufficient. People are running speakers off of dc10ks with thinner wire. I personally run 8 gauge though.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Should be fine with 10 gauge preferably off but could probably get away with cca.

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

8 gauge will be awesome, way more than sufficient. People are running speakers off of dc10ks with thinner wire. I personally run 8 gauge though.

OK, Thank you for your advice, I was going to do that but wanted to test the waters for wire size

Archived