Will I Need To Buy An Ho Alt?

Okay guys, so anyone who has been reading any of my posts know i cant make a decision for crap, but im here to say...Ive definately decided to go with the FI BL15 and Kicker 1500.1. now, will i need a HO alt? i was told to try a power cap first before buying a extra battery (im thinkin about a kinetik 800 if i have to) but that would entail having to buy an HO alt as well wouldnt it? running stock on my blazer, not sure what its rated. or should i just buy a deep cycle battery and an alt instead of the kinetic, arent those mainly for parking and shows?

You could do without the ho alt but would be better with one, You wouldn't necessarily need a ho alt with a second battery but would be extra strain on your stock alternator charging two battery's. I would get the Kinetic with the ho alt if moneys not a problem. You cant over do your electrical.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

You could do without the ho alt but would be better with one, You wouldn't necessarily need a ho alt with a second battery but would be extra strain on your stock alternator charging two battery's. I would get the Kinetic with the ho alt if moneys not a problem. You cant over do your electrical.

I run one Zx1500.1 and two Zx200.2 its runs fine with just off the stock battery up front and a kinetik 800 in the rear and a stock alt. My voltage is 13.8 at the front battery and 13.6 at the rear(thats at idle). It will drop down to 12.3 went I have it wide open but I have never seen it drop below that. Get your self some voltage meter. I have 2 one on the front battery and one on the rear. That way you can keep a eye on the it from the drivers seat.

Ps: your going to LOVE at Zx1500.1!!! :lol:

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

cool thanks! ive noticed when i stop at a light my lights dim slightly but not when i drive, so i may get a power cap and try that, i think my boy has one he'll let me borrow for a little while. but is it necessary to match the cap to the amplifier, ex. 1500w=1.5-2 farad cap?

I asked someone the other day if i should run 2 marine batterys and he tried telling me that would fuck my whole car up. somthing about it would fry my starter and eventuly my stock alternator. then eventuly my computer. he tried telling me there was a voltage regulator in my ecu?. i told him he was full of shit.

is there anything different from a deep cyl marine. from a regular car battery?

Fifth Gen Toyota Celica ST

Old system:

Sony Xplod CDX-L550X.

Orion H2

Prefab box. tuned way high

Memphis 16-MC1500D

Lightning Audio B2 3way 6x9's.

Upgraded: ..

Head unit: Eclipse CD5425 5v preamp

Subwoofers: (2) Diamond Audio D6 12's.

Enclosure: 08' Memphis Car Audio enclosure

Amp: DEL Directed Audio 1200t. (class A/B) 2 chan