Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

I'm sure 2 4" ports wasn't enough port area. The inefficiency of and manipulation of the rear wave on your design would worry me honestly Aj. I know you're like dead set on this, but if you want OUTPUT a straight forward bass reflex(vented) box would almost undoubtedly WALK all over that dual reflex design. You're spending a bunch of money on a sub and you're willing to roll the dice on some exotic design because you think it's unique and looks cool. A standard vented cabinet would achieve what most would be happy with.

If you're really wanting to try that design, I would honestly use a ROUND port. Whether you make it yourself, but PVC(what I'd do) or buy aeros, it's still the way I'd go to optimize efficiency. Hell, you can't really even model that enclosure as it truly is because the software won't compensate for those bends and turns correctly.

I ran 2 4" ports on my RF sub with berry little Xmax compared to that sub, and I was barely comfortable with that. I luckily didn't have port noise but we are taking about a sub that has 15MM of Xmax roughly?

Also, what is your guidance on the tuning of each chamber? What are you using or where are you getting your information that is telling you 8-9 Hz difference between chambers. I'd be interested in reading the information at the source.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Kerfing or 45s in port corners or radiused PVC could also be an alternative. This way you could stay with the slot pretty design keeping cost down.

Less bends that you gave pictured would also be nice.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

bb is gonna be helping Me every step of the way. he has made them before with great results. And what I've been doing is making a box like normal. 6 foot 16 x 4 port 18 inh long port. then splitting That box into 2/3 and 1/3 putting that same port into the 2/3 and 1/3

the tunning dif is usually 8-9hz apart.

but if for some reason this box doesn't work out.... I'm out $35 bucks. who cares? hence the reason I'm not buying ports. if this box doesn't work i think I'm gonna do a interchangeable port box.

but i have faith in bb to help Me. he's built a few And the ones with the right amount of pory have been monsters!

i really want this box to work and perform better then anyone would think. the coolest thing about this box is threw the majority of the time the sub only sees one big box. what im planning on doing is tacking everything in place and seeing what's what before i make everything permanent. that way if its no bueno i can remove And replace.

that pic is just a random pic from google. noting we drew up. so dont take that design to serious.

as far as xmax and other specs.... your guess is as Good as mine. won't be released until a few days before the sub. I've been hearing rumors and stuff. don't know how much is fact tho. all i know is I'm pumped! if its anything like the old exos Its all gravy.

but this one has a higher rating and is completely revamped like all there new subs.

vids of the mesos should be getting around any Day now. so once i see those I'll have a better idea of what the exo will be like.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

haha, glad to see Lil.faith in me! haha na i have little faith in me to! if it wasnt for bb i wouldn't even be considering this box!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff