Sonic Electronix

That sounds like a good deal there my friend.

Haha. Yeah, I believe in old school for the simple purpose of cost. Everything I see a bang for the buck post, I just say "Oh hell, let me look to see what they are asking for now, hifonics, power coustik, etc......"

Just my 0.02 cents. Not worth much but the time to type it.

-Frank

It's ok if you do not want to deal with me. I will always promote old school. Here is a recent amp that looks good for the money.

If you can find one locally. I found at least 2 european videos of this JBLGTO14001's. $399.99 new.

Here is one of them.

1200W @ 2 Ohm.

1500W @ 1 Ohm.

Just a thought. For <$200.00 worth it all day long.

IMAG4778_zpsd981161f.jpg

-Frank

id go with that old school rf amp all day! my boy had the 2400 version and that thing is at least 15yrs old and still pounds like the day it was bought. it's been clipped boosted and abused! still pushing Subs as we speak! i wish i had the extra $90 laying around. id pick that up for my girls car in a second. take Over that jbl all.day!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

id go with that old school rf amp all day! my boy had the 2400 version and that thing is at least 15yrs old and still pounds like the day it was bought. it's been clipped boosted and abused! still pushing Subs as we speak! i wish i had the extra $90 laying around. id pick that up for my girls car in a second. take Over that jbl all.day!

what makes it better then modern tech? i just feel sketched about it i guess.

Alpine MRX-M110.

1100 @ 2 ohms

CEA-2006 compliant

MRSP is $450 but it goes for $300 on Sonic Electronix.

That's a good amplifier.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

the jbl amp looks pretty solid. are you promoting it for sale or just as an idea?

Just prompting the idea man. Alot of people as skeptical about old school. Not sure how old you are, but old is where it's at from a value standpoint. Everything back than was made alittle bigger, because of the relative cost of materials were low in comparison to today. I'm speaking in the generic sense.

Compare a car bumper from then and now. Say the cost was $100 to make a chrome bumper. Material was cheap and that's what they used. Fast forward to today. Bumpers are now ABS and about $5.00 to make in surplus. (This is not a true value, just an example) Think the ABS bumper on your car is based on technology? No it's technology made, but based on cost-effectiveness of the materials (mostly).

You actually paid for the math to went into the technology of the era when dealing with these old amps. They were all trying to out-do each other. It was an awesome time man. lol. At one time, the amps just kept getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. Look at the old US AMPS. lol. Some can barely fit in a mini cooper sideways! But they didn't skimp is what I am driving at. These new cheaper amps are skimpy. No other way to say it. They can't compare from a cost point. Hope this is making sense.

Old school is a cheap alternative. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

Here's a really good one. I actually sent an offer in just now. Crossfire VR602. I have this exact amp. 600W at 4 ohms....@ 12.5V. But it's more like 725W RMS @ 4 Ohm. These amps tend to be underrated. I'd rather find 2 dual Ohm subs and run them at 4 Ohm parallel, one VR for each, than my 1000W JL Class D amp at 1 Ohm with my current dual 4 subs for better SQ.

Your subs would be pushed nicely with this amp. My Memphis are 600W a piece and this amp couldn't push them hard enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School-Crossfire-VR602-2-channel-amp-amplifier-600-watts-bridgeable-/371051177363?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item56645fa593

Thanks Aj11 for the back up. lol. Man it's hard to convince people sometimes. Blane, I'm not trying to steer you wrong.

-Frank

Archived