Guest Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 900rms at 1? do you have that kenwood 9106? No I don't it will do 1000rms but its not really that clean. well what amp do you have then......
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS212_p_221.html This is rated for 600W RMS but on a clean signal it will easily do 900W Mounting depth is 6.5" P.S. The reason these subs are so cheap is because Soundqubed doesn't sell through retailers so they cut out the middle man, so don't be discouraged by the low price! Ya,I have looked at that but it only has a xmax of 26.5 Peak to peak dosen't that mean it will have less output vs something that like say 17mm one way?
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 I am building a sealed box not ported.
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 clicked post one time..... Anyways I do like the SQ sub But the sundown sub I have looked at and its more like $179 on soundsolutionsaudio.com
Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 well that's hard to say, xmax isn't everything! the box is! personally I'm not a big fan of the sq Subs. theres nothing wrong with them. they sound decent and can get pretty loud. but with you limited budget you don't have to many options for a God sub. if you.can get a 2ft vented box id go alpine if your going sealed id go sq subs. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Guest Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 xmax means nothing. cant even move woofers much with 6.5" of depth. thats practically shallow category. edit: plus if the bottom of the motor (aka magnet assembly) has a pole vent (hole in the middle) then you have to have breathing space for it, so it has to be an inch or so away from the back of the box.
GSanders17 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 I agree with Hunter Johnson on the sundown sd woofer. They sound really good for their size.
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 Would it be best to go with the sundown SA-10 D2 or the SD-12 D2? Because I was taking measurements again and realized that I cant make the box as wide as I thought I could... more along the lines of 18" wide
Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 I am building a sealed box not ported. then don't go with the r! you won't like it. they are more output subs then sound quality subs. but if your building a sealed box big enough for a 12 why don't you build a vented box for a single 8? you would save money and have more output! low and high end. if someone says 8s don't get low i swear to god! a 8inch sub with 1.2 cubes with enough port and a tune of 33hz would do just as well but have better sound quality then a 12 in 1.2 cubes sealed! CONE AREA IS ONLY KING IF YOU CAN USE IT! and if thats the case then 2 type r 8s in a 2.2 vented box would out perform a 12 sealed in every way! about the same money worries on mounting depth you can fit 8s almost anywhere! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 I am building a sealed box not ported. then don't go with the r! you won't like it. they are more output subs then sound quality subs. but if your building a sealed box big enough for a 12 why don't you build a vented box for a single 8? you would save money and have more output! low and high end. if someone says 8s don't get low i swear to god! a 8inch sub with 1.2 cubes with enough port and a tune of 33hz would do just as well but have better sound quality then a 12 in 1.2 cubes sealed! Say I went with the sa-8 How do I port that I would have to bend the port to get it to fit in the box.. The box is 0.66 Cubic feet. The biggest I can do is 18"wide 13" tall 6.5" top depth 8.5" bottom depth.. Kinda In a rock and a hard place here...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.