Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help finding the right sub.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 94 Ford F-150 And Im going to put one 12" sub in it but I only have room for a 12" with a max mounting depth of 6.5" inch's. I already have a amp that will do around 900RMS. So i was thinking about a RF P3 12 or a alpine type r 12 5th gen. But im not sure I don't want to spend more than $140 on a sub. Thanks for the advice.

Posted

What is your dimentions?

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

900RMS @ 1 ohm Also its a angled sub box with a 18"wide 13" tall 6.5" top depth 8.5" bottom depth.. Kinda In a rock and a hard place here...

Posted

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS212_p_221.html

This is rated for 600W RMS but on a clean signal it will easily do 900W

Mounting depth is 6.5"

P.S. The reason these subs are so cheap is because Soundqubed doesn't sell through retailers so they cut out the middle man, so don't be discouraged by the low price!

2002 Toyota Corolla


Pioneer DEH-80PRS


Soundqubed Q1-2200d


Soundqubed HDC3.118


Soundqubed Q4-120


Alpine SPR-60


Alpine SPR-60C

Posted

I am a little bias to sundown because I personally like how they sound. They have an SD series that will fit your specifications. I have heard/installed these and they are amazing for shallow mounts. They will handle a CLEAN 900 RMS, but I would recommend wiring to 2 OHMs instead unless you're willing to take the risk.

Sundown is also a vendor on this site. Here's a direct link to the sundown SD series. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sd-series.html

Here's the dimensions:

SD-2%2012.jpg

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Posted

i wouldn't even consider the p3... at all. i bought two p2s for my girls ride and the cheapest feeling sounding Subs I've ever owned. i understand there is a lil bit of difference between the p2 and p3 but i don't care. never ever again! all 3 of my type rs are nice tho, Amazon has them for $150 all day. but if.your thinking about a sealed box don't get the rs! they really don't do well. they like big boxes and low tunes. if your going sealed sq subs all day!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

900rms at 1? do you have that kenwood 9106?

No I don't it will do 1000rms but its not really that clean.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...