Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 fist off if you can go bigger go bigger! try to get that up into the 1cubic foot area for a single vented 8. and if you do a round port you Can have the entire port out of the box! which in your case Would be better. you Would keep all your air space in the box And having a aero pory outside the box makes for less port turbulence and more efficient. most of the time bigger is better. it can allow you to play lower and higher then tune. why Can you go 18wide? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 What about the sundown SA-8 IN .69 Cubic feet with a 3 inch port with a length of 14" for a 42HZ tune? or a 4" port with a length of 15" with a 52hz tune??? Would that sound loud?
jarrius Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 I could be wrong but I don't think you can fit a 12. With 13in tall I would look at 10's or 8's. But if I am wrong please correct me some one. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 fist off if you can go bigger go bigger! try to get that up into the 1cubic foot area for a single vented 8. and if you do a round port you Can have the entire port out of the box! which in your case Would be better. you Would keep all your air space in the box And having a aero pory outside the box makes for less port turbulence and more efficient. most of the time bigger is better. it can allow you to play lower and higher then tune. why Can you go 18wide? Its a long story.But I can only do 18"wide. because i need room in the backseat for people I take places.
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 I could be wrong but I don't think you can fit a 12. With 13in tall I would look at 10's or 8's. But if I am wrong please correct me some one. I think it would be best to go with one 10 sealed possibly ported. or one 8 ported . I only have .69 cubic feet of space...
Aj11 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 What about the sundown SA-8 IN .69 Cubic feet with a 3 inch port with a length of 14" for a 42HZ tune? or a 4" port with a length of 15" with a 52hz tune??? Would that sound loud? do not tune that high! it would sound like crap! worse then a sealed box...allot worse! you would have no low end at all and it would be so boomy and punchy you wouldn't Be happy at all! don't tune pass 37hz can we see a pic of where the box is going? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 What about the sundown SA-8 IN .69 Cubic feet with a 3 inch port with a length of 14" for a 42HZ tune? or a 4" port with a length of 15" with a 52hz tune??? Would that sound loud?do not tune that high! it would sound like crap! worse then a sealed box...allot worse! you would have no low end at all and it would be so boomy and punchy you wouldn't Be happy at all! don't tune pass 37hzcan we see a pic of where the box is going? I would but I just left for the weekend. But its going right in the middle of the back seats I will be no more than 6 or 7 feet from it.
Flamingsword360 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 I can do one SA-8 v1 in a 0.70 Cubic feet box tuned to 35hz with a 4" round port. Or can i use a 3" port But will it have port noise? And if I tune it to 35hz Or I can go with the sundown audio sd-2 10 in a ported box 0.70 cubic feet tuned to 35hz. How would that sound??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.