rsfm089 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Can u split a port in half on a single sub box. I like when my port is in the middle but am only going to be running one sub.
mrd6 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 You can...but there is no real reason to do so. It will hinder performance slightly but probably not audibly if done right... Are you imagining sub up in the middle with ports back on each side of the box or something? My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
HotSauce Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 From what I've researched, yes. I'm thinking about doing the same so I checked on this same idea. Keep the port length the same but divide the cross-section in half, e.g. one 2"x10" port 12" in length, would be 2 ports 1"x10" still 12" on both.
rsfm089 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 Cool its either that or give a run at building an aero port box.
HotSauce Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Cool its either that or give a run at building an aero port box. I've heard the aeros can sound pretty nice. Might be easier to change out different ports for tuning also. Thinking about doing one 12" with an aero on either side for a nice symmetrical look.
rsfm089 Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 Me too I just don't like how on a lot of boxes that I've seen the port is like six inches out of the box. Not all don't bash lol
mrd6 Posted April 25, 2014 Report Posted April 25, 2014 Doesnt have to be that way... sub in the middle with an aero on each side would look nice and still perform well My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Aj11 Posted April 26, 2014 Report Posted April 26, 2014 ports 6inches out of the box is for more air space less port turbulence and efficient. if you YouTube allot you'll notice most of the loudest systems have the port sticking out of the box. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.