Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure

So basically i am building a custom sub box and have no idea what i want.

I was looking at a 15 or dual 12's and no closer to a solution.

I was looking at doing a fibreglass wheel well enclosure for the 15 (ported) or a MDF for the 2 12's with sound deadening closing off the trunk

-so basically I have no clue what I want to do and was hopping that you guys could spark some ideas for me or lend any advice you guys have never let me down before i just want something creative because its my first time doing custom car fabrication, i have the know how but lack the creativity

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Have to have some where to start.

If i was fiberglassing in a wheel well the approch i would take is figureing out how much volume i have and then trying to find a sub to match that.

For the two twelves in a mdf box i would start with what are your max dimensions for a box.

What do you want spl or sq, do you want it ported, how much power are you going to run.

These things can help to start narrowing down the sub choice. Pick a sub and then you know what you need for a box.

i know the subs and my power i want already. I have a ct sounds 1200.1 and i want a pair of aq hds312's or a single hdc3.15

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

and i was already planning on tilting the sub to face the back of the seats so it would not be flush anyway

Archived