Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help with box design for 2 12" alpine type r's


Recommended Posts

Posted

I need help building a box for 2 12" alpine type r's that will be going in my jeep liberty. Looking at the thread below, the box is for the same subs and the design I want as well (subs up, port back), but not sure what would be the best way to build around my battery. Here's the thread:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170007-need-help-building-a-box-for-my-2-alpine-type-rs-12-5th-gen-running-with-a-audioque-2200d/

I'm looking for around 1.5 - 1.7(max) cu ft per sub after port and sub displacement with subs up, port back tuned to 35-36hz. My trunk dimensions are:

41.25" W x 24" D (21" usable to leave space for port) x 17.5" H

A second battery is going into the vehicle soon as shown in the picture:

http://i60.tinypic.com/b8lb95.png

Should I just build a typical rectangular box to the right of the battery, or build a box with a cutout to account for the battery and keep the sub enclosures centered? Thanks for the help

Posted

as someone who has had almost every type r made and currently have the new ones, that box is to small with to high of a tune! they likebig bboxes with low tunes. I've posted this allot, cuz i mean it! 2.5 net each tuned to 30hz will Rock your Jeep!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

as someone who has had almost every type r made and currently have the new ones, that box is to small with to high of a tune! they likebig bboxes with low tunes. I've posted this allot, cuz i mean it! 2.5 net each tuned to 30hz will Rock your Jeep!

Thanks for the input, I'll keep this in mind!

Posted

where do you live I'll sell you my box cheap!

IMG_20140221_163437_791_zpsa34bc315.jpg

it could prolly use a new paint job since it's been sitting in my closet for a few weeks. but it's air tight and braced tho. each sub has 2.4 ft of space and it's tuned to 30hz

http://s846.photobucket.com/user/pasquariello1104/media/VID_20140207_175105_012_zps72e086b3.mp4.html

quick vid of it moving some air in my Durango.

2 alpine swd4 12s wired to 1ohm on a ct 1400.1

I'll.even throw in that amp rack with enough carpet to redo it.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

where do you live I'll sell you my box cheap!

it could prolly use a new paint job since it's been sitting in my closet for a few weeks. but it's air tight and braced tho. each sub has 2.4 ft of space and it's tuned to 30hz

http://s846.photobucket.com/user/pasquariello1104/media/VID_20140207_175105_012_zps72e086b3.mp4.html

quick vid of it moving some air in my Durango.

2 alpine swd4 12s wired to 1ohm on a ct 1400.1

I'll.even throw in that amp rack with enough carpet to redo it.

Thanks for the offer, but NY is a little far and the box will probably be built close to exact dimensions for my trunk space. That's a cool amp rack though! Fortunately, the Jeep has a cargo well in the trunk (two pictures below). Old equipment, but you get the idea haha.

http://i61.tinypic.com/szalw7.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/71ky6s.jpg

Anyway, I am curious what the internal port looks like and the dimensions in that box.

Posted

34.5 w 24.5 deep 15.5 high

IMG_20140103_233631_361_zpsa427c2c9.jpg

where do you live? I'll sell it for like $50 i Just want my closet space back! i spent about $150 making it

i think i still have half a gallon of the roll on bedliner that can go with it.

shit just the gallon of bedliner cost me $50 haha

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

34.5 w 24.5 deep 15.5 high

where do you live? I'll sell it for like $50 i Just want my closet space back! i spent about $150 making it

i think i still have half a gallon of the roll on bedliner that can go with it.

shit just the gallon of bedliner cost me $50 haha

Detroit area in michigan. That's a great deal especially with the bedliner, but I couldn't fix that box even if it got to me :/. The liberty has a very shallow trunk space - 24" deep only. Could maybe squeeze 24.5", but then the port would literally be on the trunk hatch haha.

Posted

fix? there's nothing wrong with it. just a Lil scuffed. and yea you cant choke the port like that. that sucks Man! this box is a low end monster! the amount of air moved in my Durango could only imagine it in that Li Jeep.

i so wish i could fit it in my grand prix! oh boy how i wish. instead I'm stuck with this crappy prefab box until my exo gets in

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

fix? there's nothing wrong with it. just a Lil scuffed. and yea you cant choke the port like that. that sucks Man! this box is a low end monster! the amount of air moved in my Durango could only imagine it in that Li Jeep.

i so wish i could fit it in my grand prix! oh boy how i wish. instead I'm stuck with this crappy prefab box until my exo gets in

oops! I meant fit not fix haha

Posted

Okay so I drew up my box in solidworks and was hoping for some feedback. As a note, I prefer a smaller box/higher tuning to get a more 'punchy' bass over a large box/lower tuning. This box will be for two alpine type r 12's (new generation) on 600-700 watts each.

External dimensions: 33" Width x 20.5" Depth x 14.75" Height

Gross internal volume (per chamber): 2.113 ft^3

Sub displacement: 0.10 ft^3

Port displacement: 0.36 ft^3

Net internal volume (per chamber): 1.653 ft^3

Desired tuning frequency: 35 hz

Port dimensions required: 12.5" Height x 1.5" Wide x 21.25" Long

ofpqqc.jpg

Port length: 17.50 + 2.12 + 1.63 = 21.25"

1gj60x.jpg

2qi5usn.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...