Sundown Audio

Smilies cuts off.. Sub problem?

AASMDBASS

ah ok cause my bass knob wire was lose causing the sub to "pop". Your gain could be to high even if its below half and a combination of the subsonic being way low also can throw the amp into protect mode. And this happened to me when i had my gain to high the amp would shut off and it would not turn on until i shut the car off and turned the car back on. And for the random bursts it sounds like a wire is loose somewhere and it moves around slightly and causing it to arc the connections and sending a burst of power to the sub making it pop and be crazy.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Well i could be wrong, but sounds like the gain is set to way high on your amp.

The gain is below half

Just because the gain is set below half, doesn't mean it's still not to high. You need to set the gain properly with a DD-1.

I know Pioneer and a few other brands, have a built in safety protection. Where if the gain is to high it will cut out and if continuing to listen to a clipped or distorted signal, the amp will shut off.

A simple solution would be to turn down the gain to around 1/4 to 1/3 and contact AQ for clarification.

truthsayer

ah ok cause my bass knob wire was lose causing the sub to "pop". Your gain could be to high even if its below half and a combination of the subsonic being way low also can throw the amp into protect mode. And this happened to me when i had my gain to high the amp would shut off and it would not turn on until i shut the car off and turned the car back on. And for the random bursts it sounds like a wire is loose somewhere and it moves around slightly and causing it to arc the connections and sending a burst of power to the sub making it pop and be crazy.

Would you think it would be a loose wire inside the box?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Would you think it would be a loose wire inside the box?

It could very well be a loose wire connecting to the sub from amp. Check on the amp and the sub.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

could even be a fuse somewhere on the power wire or amp that just barely moves and cause the system to get a burst of power

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

also i see you just have one battery. do have a h/o alt? the 3500.1d can put out some real good power but you need more than that to supply it. You could be pulling a lot of juice out of that one battery and its causing your volts to be really low and that can put the amp into protect mode and possibly fry the poo outta it. Low notes can draw more power depending on your box and that could be why it shuts off when low frequencies play because of the amount of power its trying to pull to play those notes.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

also i see you just have one battery. do have a h/o alt? the 3500.1d can put out some real good power but you need more than that to supply it. You could be pulling a lot of juice out of that one battery and its causing your volts to be really low and that can put the amp into protect mode and possibly fry the poo outta it. Low notes can draw more power depending on your box and that could be why it shuts off when low frequencies play because of the amount of power its trying to pull to play those notes.

DC power 270 amp alt and big 3...voltage doesn't drop below 13.5 while driving and see sent drop below 12.7 while parked... This problem is happening while driving

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Could be a bunch of things, Gain to high, subsonic way to low, metal cut into wires and low bass is making wires move around. remote wire lose, rca's are junk. do u have a bass knob connected?

Any ideas as to where the subsonic filter should be set at?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

I heard to set it around 5hz lower than what your box is tuned to

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets