Jump to content

Alpine 147BT and BT trouble with S5?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok Alpine 147BT, Phone is a Samsung S5. Sprint if that matters.

Now when i turn bluetooth on i pair them, head unit says connected then few minutes later says no unit. No music, sound or anything out of my phone to head unit. Now i can send and recieve phone calls no problem, but none of my contacts into the headunit.

I made sure on BT options of phone that Media and Contacts share is on when pairing to device.

Had same issue with S3.

Havent tried using the alpine app with the S5 but with the S3 is did not work with Bluetooth or mounting with USB

I checked firmware on unit and im sure it's the latest C500

Any of you guys have any ideas??

And thank you in advance

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Posted

You can try re-flashing the firmware. This is what solved it for me. They don't have updated firmware for the unit but if you go to the website and download the file and follow the procedure it will hopefully fix it for you.

My unit has been working pretty solidly with my Nexus 5 for 6 months until yesterday when it stated re-pairing (never done that before) and couldn't connect no matter how many unit resets or phone restarts. I verified the problem was not with my phone as I couldn't get it to successfully connect with 3 other phones I tested. It says PAIRING PAIRED CONNECTING CONNECTED but than says NO UNIT and the BT icon keeps flashing. Music app starts playing on the phone but no sound comes out. Receiving phonecalls works fine.

I was about to return my unit but I kept thinking this must be a software/firmware issue and finally when I re-flashed the firmware it now works. It must have gotten corrupt somehow I reckon.

HTH

Posted

Yeah that's what did it for me. re updated the update and started working like a champ.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...