Sonic Electronix

check out fatbox usa. Their boxes make a huge difference. if u cant build one, they will do it for you. They are pricey. but they make good shit and have lifetime guarantees on their enclosures. I got my enclosure for 2 13w7s from them and its a beast. give them a look. But i'd go with a new box as step 1, a new amp as step 2, and if that doesnt get you the bass you like, get new subs. Either way you're probably gonna need more power if youre set on not sacrificing some trunk space.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I have 2 tens on 400 watts and I'm pretty happy with it. It's all in the box my friend. 2 10s have more area than 1 12. If 2 12 don't fit then you could do one big beefy 12 like the sundown X12 or something similar or 2 10s on the same power and have more area. Whatever. It will all sound good as long as you build a good box. That is the key here good box. Subs don't matter near as much.

I think what your a really looking for is :morepower1: Bigger amp . better electrical . and box options.

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

You don't want a sealed box. It would sound pretty good but you want loud and a single SA sealed won't be that loud. Get a 12 in a good ported box. The box makes everything. I know I've said it before but thats because thats how it is. I built a box for a single DAD 8 and put about 400 watts to it. It slams and gets low. You can feel it, see the rear view mirror shaking, all that. Very musical as well. I spent so much time researching and designing and testing. Now I have and 8 that slams better than other peoples 12s. Why? not because the speaker is so much better and I usually run less power, but my box came out great.

Once you have a good box placement is the next big thing. Usually in a trunk having the box all the way to the back of the trunk port and subs back. you gotta try it out and test.

Archived