How To Wire 2-way Speakers From Amp.

basically i want to get these alpine 2-way speakers

i have these in the front ATM alpine i want to add these so i have 4 speakers up front, plus the 2 tweeters.

i want to run these from a kenwood amp. 4x 50 rms @4ohm , if i was to set the gains on the amp to power out 4x35rms (set the gains to 23.7volts-140rms@4ohm yea?)that should be okay? it should like sound good? i know you should'nt really mix speakers but they are both same rms power and basically same speakers, its jus the new set i want to get has tweeters.

i have a type-rbanging at 800rms and some 100rms 6-9's in back sounds really good imo now, but i jus want to add these speakers for that little extra.

cheers people :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me my self i would run them off the head unit and turn it's amp gain lower like i can on my jvc under one of the modes it's either high or low amp out put for a kdc s-11. i payed less then 100 for it so no jokes this was about 5 years ago. any ways the reason you do not run speaker like that in series. the watts of the fist one are exceeded this is were people thing you add them up when you do not. more then likely will burn up a coil in series of two speaker in series it would look like this on the speaker +35-+28- those number are in watts. as you see your are only 25 rms and it a lot easier turning on the low amp mode for crystal clear sound. then to over power them and sound like sh** and blow them. all it will do is raise the ohms and drop the wattage to approx 35 watts rms. i am just guessing at it because every thing in ohm wattage volts and amps is proportional when some thing move all the rest move with. and if you do run it in series run a amp like this that will put out about 25 watt to that ohm load if it requires 25 watts for one speaker. not saying alpine will not handle it either. there good speaker your just better off not over powering them that much. sometimes they will reach peak excursion with that much wattage and sound crappy. just stuff i have found threw my experience.

the curent speakers are 35rms (that website is wrong) and the 2-way speakers i want to add are also 35rms,

i want to know how to set the 4-way amp to power each speaker at 35rms? they are all 4-OHM.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp i have this amp gain settings thing, any help cheers :)

p.s, the head-unit i ahve is '4x50' (is that rms?)

would that be better to run them 4 speakers up front of the head unit,, and to run the 6x9's of the amp instead, (because the 6x9's are wired from the head-unit at the minuate.) the 6x9's are 100rms each i think!

thanks people :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived