separately grounding amp and second battery? help please

I would strongly suggest grounding the amplifier directly to the rear battery, and find a good solid ground for the rear battery where you can remove any paint, rust, debris away from the ground location, and ground the wire using a nut and a bolt (no self tapping screws if you currently are). Id also check all other power and ground connections and make sure the wires are tight in the ring terminals.

sand the shit out of that ground, I take a metal file to it before sanding

Your gain isn't a volume knob, do some research on it and tune your amp the right way or your going to have more problems other than your fusing problem

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

So technically it can get louder with a lower gain? Or I may have to do head unit or new rca in order to use that amp to its potential? It makes sense but it doesn't

In my last post I wasn't talking about bass boost I was talking about the gain. The outputs on your headunit have voltage on them. The gain on your amplifier is so that you can adjust it to match the voltage on the rca's from the headunit.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

So technically it can get louder with a lower gain? Or I may have to do head unit or new rca in order to use that amp to its potential? It makes sense but it doesn't

lets see some pictures of a couple things

1. the sub and box

2. the ground

3. the amp tuning dials

I do this all on my phone I have yet to figure out how to upload pics. It's a DC level 4 dual 2 ohm m2 15". Box I emailed rusty at dc and built it to the specs he recommended, 45 every corner and all that good stuff. Rite now the gain is at about 6, hertz 65-70 ish.

Archived