Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDS312's In 4th Order Bandpass?


chad190

Recommended Posts

Posted

Do NOT do a 5 cube at 33hz box for the HDS312's.... If you want to know for sure why. Just go read my build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146909-2010-civic-build-new-box-coming-trophies/

The HDS should do well in a 4th if you have the room for it.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Posted

Walwalka .. I just read through your build log and dang, great build man. And thanks for posting and letting me know. I was messing with measurements and I don't think I have enough room for a 4th order :/ so I think I'm going to do a center slot port around 3.75-4 cubes net? Where would you say to tune the box? 33 too low?

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

Posted

4 cubes net withe a 33-34 hz tune is perfect for these subs in my opinion after messing with them. I just wish I would have know my box wasn't going to work out before I sealed it off and all that. So Now I have to rip it out and build a new one.

Thank you! I've got somethings planned to in the near future and hopefully it will turn out better.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...