chad190 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Just ordered two D4 HDS312's and they should be here tomorrow. Now, I have a 2001 grand prix (with the rear seat that has only the arm rest that folds down to the back) so I was wondering how these subs would work in a 4th order bandpass? Because then I could do the square port in the middle for the arm rest. Exactly like what atudela45 was talking about in this thread : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150336-to-all-grand-prix-owners/?fromsearch=1 It will be for a daily setup on an Aq-1200 @ 1 ohm. Eventually on an Aq-22000 down the road. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted May 22, 2014 Author Report Posted May 22, 2014 Well, I guess Soundqubed subs don't do well in sealed boxes. So with that being said .. how's a 5 cube box tuned to 33 hz sound? 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Raptorman Posted May 22, 2014 Report Posted May 22, 2014 The HDS's have a high QTS. They can perform just fine in a 4th. The HDC3's/HDC4's however, are not. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted May 22, 2014 Report Posted May 22, 2014 The HDS's have a high QTS. They can perform just fine in a 4th. The HDC3's/HDC4's however, are not. Thread jack, hunter... I didn't know you were still on Smd... My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Kendall Weeks Posted May 22, 2014 Report Posted May 22, 2014 It will work fine with its high qts. It would be nicer if it had a little lower fs but it will still work nicely IF built properly.
chad190 Posted May 23, 2014 Author Report Posted May 23, 2014 Is there anybody that cab help me design a 4th order then? I'd love to do that box but don't know how to design it. I can take measurements for max size in the morning 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
CleanSierra Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 Where are people seeing these T/S specs? I've been curious to know them for quite some time now. Does the site have them listed now? Or did someone whip a DATS out? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
chad190 Posted May 23, 2014 Author Report Posted May 23, 2014 These are the specs from the soundqubed website: Piston Diameter 203.2 mm Mounting Depth 7 11/16" Circle Cutout 11.25" Overall Diameter 12 7/8 with gasket Xmax 28mm Peak to Peak Magnet Weight 145oz f(s) 33.65 Q(ms) 6.912 Q(es) 0.769 Q(ts) 0.692 V(as) 22.130 liters (0.782 cubic feet) 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Ryan929 Posted May 23, 2014 Report Posted May 23, 2014 I have 6 hds312s that I was planning on doing a 4th order blowthrough on my truck. And I believe it was Kranny that told me they wouldn't work in a 4th. He said only a ported box or a 6th order. But never said anything after that. So I was curious if that was true or not because I already have the subs..
chad190 Posted May 23, 2014 Author Report Posted May 23, 2014 I'd like to know too. I'm good with any box, as long as I'm getting the most out of these subs.. I would just like to do a 4th haha 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.