Another 8-12's 4th in a Explorer build...

Equiptment list,

8-SA12s

2-pwx 10s

2-pwx 6.5s

2-ft1s

1-C1100.4

1-AB750.1

1-Singer hairpin

SHCA 1/0 ofc

10 sheets of plywood..

When I actually get time to work on this, I don't think about taking pics of the process much...I need to work on that. I'm on mobile so this will take a bit...

??

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Here's the tentative plan for batts and amp. I really wanted to mount the amp so you can see the guts, and only the guts. I don't like seeing fasteners either. So to mount it upside down and trim it out so no fasteners are showing is going to take some time, which I don't have much of right now. The batts are covered by 3 panels. I can do some maintenance under there without disrupting the amp. As far as what, I don't know yet...maybe check fuses, replace blown fuses?20140416_213254.jpg20140416_213353.jpg

A little ventilation for the amp. I still have to make the trim panels that will cover the ends of the amp and seal to the "D?" pillar. There will be a fan or two in those. 20140426_202741.jpgThe aluminum blocks are dual inputs I'm working on. I have to offset turn the "stem" that goes into the amp, and I haven't felt like putting the 4 jaw chuck in the lathe cause it's a heavy bitch, and I'm lazy. If you look close, you can see the speaker terminals under the amp platform. Right now I'm going the 5/16" all thread route. I've machined some terminals that will replace the allthread and I think be a better connection, I'll get pics when those are done.

Archived