Sonic Electronix

The main reason mono block amps have 2 separate outputs is for ease of installation. The 2 outputs are daisy chained internally. Meaning both outputs are seeing the same power because they are connected together. The thing that will change the amount of output is the impedance you have the amp wired too. You can wire both subs down to 2 ohms and connect them to their own pos/neg and this will bring your impedance down to 1 ohm. You could also connect both pos from the subs to 1 output and both neg from the subs to 1 output and this will wire it down to 1 ohm. Either way is going to make the amp produce 1200 rms because of the 1 ohm impedance and the subs will share it. So both will see 600 rms.

i have my subs wired to this right now it is one ohm correct because the amp inside makes its one 911_2_4ohmDVC_1_per_channel_2ohm.gif

Yep if you are using either amp mentioned above or another mono block wired like in the picture it will be wired to 1 ohm.

The main reason mono block amps have 2 separate outputs is for ease of installation. The 2 outputs are daisy chained internally. Meaning both outputs are seeing the same power because they are connected together. The thing that will change the amount of output is the impedance you have the amp wired too. You can wire both subs down to 2 ohms and connect them to their own pos/neg and this will bring your impedance down to 1 ohm. You could also connect both pos from the subs to 1 output and both neg from the subs to 1 output and this will wire it down to 1 ohm. Either way is going to make the amp produce 1200 rms because of the 1 ohm impedance and the subs will share it. So both will see 600 rms.

i have my subs wired to this right now it is one ohm correct because the amp inside makes its one 911_2_4ohmDVC_1_per_channel_2ohm.gif

Yep if you are using either amp mentioned above or another mono block wired like in the picture it will be wired to 1 ohm.

what do you think those sundowns can be pushed at they don't move alot lol

Archived