Second Skin Audio

Need help port size

A single 6" port would be a lot shorter and would fit well, but it would be too little port area and you would run into issues related to that. Two 5" ports is probably your best bet for using what you have built so far and should perform well. Just be sure to flare the ends of the ports well and you will be fine.

5" tubing is a little tougher to find, but its out there. Here is one place that has 5" cardboard tubes that would work very well for your application, the only probably is you have to buy a whole carton of 15: http://www.uline.com/BL_3704/Jumbo-Kraft-Tubes

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Its not too late mate. Your subs need 2cubes minimum and you have about 2.8 cubes after displacing your subs. So you gat around 0.8 cubes to mess around with. You could just make external ports and you will be fine.. I do not have my pc with me to give you exact measure, but you could download torrez. It will help alot

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

If you absolutely cannot get any 5" tubing three 4" ports will work, depending on how much power you are going to be putting into this thing. What are you going to use for an amp?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

The 4" ports would need to be 29.5" long. If you wanted to do a square port I would have it fire out one of the sides, make it 5" high, the full 10" interior width and 26" in total length.

Builds:

Square ports normally chew more space than round ports, and in your case space is already limited. I think go with what Triticum says. The round ports should get slightly above a cube of space, so you will be still above the minimum volume. You still didn't say what power you will run them off?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Well if you have to port out the back you will just have to put some 90 degree corners in your ports, which is less than ideal, but when it comes to subwoofer enclosure design something always ends up being less than ideal :-)

Builds:

Archived