Sundown Audio

Bad Amp?

SMZ2

My previous suggestion would be a cheap option.

Yeah I think that is what I'm going to get. Do you have a link to one from somewhere other than amazon? I'd rather purchase with PayPal. I searched around and saw some similar filters on sonic electronics. I have heard they only filter the noise not get rid of it though. You have no noise at all now?
The problem with filters is that it does exactly what it says, it filters, but often times they filter that frequency, reducing sound quality slightly, but if you can't find a solution at all, totally go with a filter!

Yeah I'm thinking it's the headunit so a filter should help. I'm about to order one in a few minutes and we will see in a few days if it fixes it.

Yeah I think that is what I'm going to get. Do you have a link to one from somewhere other than amazon? I'd rather purchase with PayPal. I searched around and saw some similar filters on sonic electronics. I have heard they only filter the noise not get rid of it though. You have no noise at all now?

The problem with filters is that it does exactly what it says, it filters, but often times they filter that frequency, reducing sound quality slightly, but if you can't find a solution at all, totally go with a filter!

A torroidal noise choke filter goes on the power, so there is now way it will affect any frequencies. It is filtering the power.

truthsayer

A torroidal noise choke filter goes on the power, so there is now way it will affect any frequencies. It is filtering the power.
Oh so that's where it attacks the problem from, that's a great design, well i stand corrected and then in that case I totally agree with truthslayer's suggestion!

2002 Toyota Corolla

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Soundqubed Q1-2200d

Soundqubed HDC3.118

Soundqubed Q4-120

Alpine SPR-60

Alpine SPR-60C

Oh so that's where it attacks the problem from, that's a great design, well i stand corrected and then in that case I totally agree with truthslayer's suggestion!
I just ordered one to run in line with the headunit power. I sure hope this solves my noise issues. I will update again when it arrives.

Just got the filter today. It didn't come with the plastic wrap around the filter. What would y'all suggest putting around it. I'm afraid of the copper on the filter shorting out behind the headunit. Should I just wrap it in electrical tape?

What did you wrap it with? I may need one as well.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

What did you wrap it with? I may need one as well.

I am probably just going to wrap it in electrical tape. I plan on installing it in the morning.

Cool, I hope It works I have same issue with a Pioneer headunit.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Cool, I hope It works I have same issue with a Pioneer headunit.

I'll update once it's installed. My headunit is a pioneer too.

Archived