Second Skin Audio

Bought a DD 9515g

Derek217

you should be good with that amp, I would at least put in a decent gam battery and do big three. you shouldn't get much voltage drop at all with those upgrades

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

get the biggest battery you can fit under the hood, and make sure you have a very solid ground for your amp. Most capacitors these days are a joke and don't have anywhere close to the rated capacitance. spend the extra money and get a second battery if you're having electrical issues. A shitty cap will cause you more problems in the long run, and possibly turn into a bomb. (literally). if you wanna get a cap, get a fire extinguisher too.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Thanks for all the help guys! Much appreciated. I'm deffinetly doing the big three and getting a capacitor if my voltage drops too low. Pretty sure I'm gonna invest in the Kinetic HC2400 to make sure I have some extra juice to run another amp for mids and highs with space permiting. Am I able to wire the sub down to 1 ohm even though it's a 4 ohm sub? Because I looked up wiring guides and I couldn't find any to wire (1) 4ohm sub down to 1 ohm.

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

Thanks for all the help guys! Much appreciated. I'm deffinetly doing the big three and getting a capacitor if my voltage drops too low. Pretty sure I'm gonna invest in the Kinetic HC2400 to make sure I have some extra juice to run another amp for mids and highs with space permiting. Am I able to wire the sub down to 1 ohm even though it's a 4 ohm sub? Because I looked up wiring guides and I couldn't find any to wire (1) 4ohm sub down to 1 ohm.

A dual 4 ohm sub can only be wired to 2 ohms (parallel) and 8 ohms (series). So you better get an amp that has high power at 2 ohms or an extra dd sub :) or build a big box ...... Ohhh and do not get a capacitor as it will not help you that much. You better off saving further and just getting an extra battery.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

That's what I thought, thanks for clearing it up! I would get another sub but not sure I can find another DD 9515 used or especially new at around $900 hahaha. I'll just push it at 2 ohms. Found two hifonics amps I was thinking about buying- BRX2000.1D (1400 watt rms X1 @ 2 ohm) or for a little bit more or X2200.1D (1600 watts rms X1 @ 2ohm). Both are suposed to have 1/0 inputs, so they should work just fine.

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Yah those should work well with that sub. I am actually running my DD at 2 ohms too and it sounds amazing.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

We had a DD 9518 sc in a 1991 civic hatch in a box that was 6 cubes that was tuned to 24 hz on a DD m3 @ 1 ohm and it was going HAM making the car lok like it was going to blow itself apart. DD woofers like their power. Feed that 15 as much power as you can for your budget.

you gunna want 2k. they come alive. 1000 isnt enough. 1500 is meh, it woild hold you over but lows arent storng. 2k is where they start to come alive.

id recommend 4-5 cubes net with 60-80 sq in of port tuned 37. i built a box for a buddy and response is extremely flat 32-50 and only tapers a few db on each end. nowif you want decaf im not the guy to design your box.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Thanks guys! I'm trying for the biggest box and biggest amp I can! haha...It's just hard to find amps @ 2 ohms for the low, ya know? If it was able to be wired down to 1 ohm I would deffienatly give it 2k+. Out of curiosity, why does everyone have their setup tuned to like 36 or 37 hz? Why not 32 or a little lower? Much appreciated guys

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

If this sub really comes alive at about 2k, anyone know an amp that's stable at 2 ohm about 2k watts? For the low if thats even possible :drinks:

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Archived