Jump to content

Upgrading from coaxials - looking for midrange suggestions


BigTomZ

Recommended Posts

Posted
So I am looking to upgrade my coaxials in the front doors. They aren't bad coaxials, but I know I can get a better sound from an upgrade. I guess the goal is to be able to play it louder while still having a clean sound. The coaxials seem to be the limiting factor right now.


I actually have a set of Image Dynamics XS crossovers and tweeters from another build, so I should only need a set of midrange drivers.


I have a set of midbass woofers handling the stuff just above the subs. The midbass are boxed in and bottom mounted in the rear deck, but the midranges will go in the front door so they will be free air. I don't need much bass out of the midranges.


I was looking at the Rockford Punch Pro 6. They seem like good speakers, not to expensive, and based on their depth they should easily fit in the door.


Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2003 Lincoln Town Car

Alpine IVE-530 head unit

Alpine MRX-M110 sub amp

Alpine MRX-F65 full range amp

3 Cerwin Vega Accurate Image 12.0 subs

2 CDT HD-M6 mid-bass woofers

2 Alpine Type R coaxials (looking for a good component solution)

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

Alpine head unit

JL Audio 500/1 sub amp

JL Audio 300/4 full range amp

3 Alpine Type S 10 inch subs

4 Boston Acoustic coaxials

Posted

I'm running prv midranges with mclaren dome tweeters and I love my doors. I'd suggest prv for mids! I'm also pretty impressed with my mclaren tweeters. I heard some mclaren mids at SBN and they sounded good as well. Those suggestions are only if you're looking for pro audio though.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 735 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...