I am considering changing the set up I have now. I don't really have too many ideas and am looking for suggestions.

Here's what I have:

2 Infinity Kappa Perfects

2 JBL 6x8s

4 12" Orion HCCA

Power Acoustik BAMF Series 1250 watt

Orion HCCA-D5000

rrt550.jpg

2koj1j.jpg

t9wmfc.jpg

2e34g02.jpg

10e36uo.jpg

2w36yc0.jpg

20auvm0.jpg

jsgaw8.jpg

Looks like you have 1/3 to 1/2 power on tap for those subs and that PA amplifer surely isn't the best for feeding clean power to the Kappas you're running. Still, without knowing what you're looking to adress in particular and what sort of budget you have to work with, I have no idea were to even begin.

So what all are you looking to change? That budget account for what you may get by selling off the old equipment you replace or is it the total budget regardless.

Also noticed you have three of one style of subs and then one that's different. Did one of the originals blow and get replaced?

Not sure how loud they system can get with 1/3-1/2 the rated power reaching to the subs, assuming they are all DVC 2 ohm and it's all wired for a 1 ohm final.

Well, $1k isn't all that large of a budget for a quality system, but we can see what everyone here has to put forth as recommendations.

Perhaps something comparable to your current subs would be Soundqubed's HDC3 line. Still, your subs aren't bad per se, I've heard pretty good things said about the HCCA line in terms of SPL subs. Now if SQ were the goal, then I'd say the choice in subs was a huge mistake, LOL.

Still, I'm thinking you could well get a noticeable improvement in output from them if you upgrade to a more powerful amplifier. Tell me, what kind of upgrading has been done to the truck's electrical system?

The Kappa (components?) and JBL's could well do better being properly powered with a higher quality amplifier as well. I noticed the BAMF is a 2-chyannel, so is it merely powering the Kappas while the JBLs are powered by the HU?

What kind of electrical do you have? I don't see any batteries or alternator on your list of equipment.

Sick ride though!

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I would like to keep my current subs and Like you guys are saying. I Would just like to upgrade what's bad. The change I'm slightly looking for would be the box.

And I have a 1 battery in the back to power it all, hooked up to my single stock alt.

What amps/updates would everyone suggest?

With the kind of power you'll be wanting to feed to those subs, you're going to be wanting to upgrade to a high output alternator and upgrade the OEM wiring by doing the big 3 upgrade.

Upping the Alternator and wiring are likely to eat half that budget.

I'm not terribly good at designing enclosures, so I'll let one of the other members tackle that.

It'd be nice to change out the amplifiers too though, but I'm not so sure your budget will allow for that, I mean an amplifier capable of pushing those subs properly isn't cheap.

Archived