using phone and eq as head unit...

I'm currently running 2 arc audio 15d4s on a dc 2.0 and jl 360/4 to my alpine type r's in my 03 accord. Because the dash kit is Ridiculously priced and I wanted stock look to deter thieving bastards, I currently run my phone to a bluetooth receiver (just a 3.5mm receiver not a head unit) then to my memphis eqp4. My question is this... I know the eq has good our put voltage but I'm wondering if putting a line driver before the eq is a good idea to boost signal before the eq. Any input is appreciated thanks

No, it's not a good idea. Your amps only need up to ~6 volts of preamp signal and your preamp is capable of that so adding another active preamplifier will only serve to complicate setting things up. Just be sure that your phone doesn't clip at full volume and you should be fine.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

The EQ doesn't need high input voltage, it's a preamplifier. Its job is to amplify and modify the signal it gets from the source. If it can't do that job, adding a different source isn't the answer.... replacing it is.

Perhaps you have the preamp turned down too far.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived