Jump to content

using phone and eq as head unit...


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm currently running 2 arc audio 15d4s on a dc 2.0 and jl 360/4 to my alpine type r's in my 03 accord. Because the dash kit is Ridiculously priced and I wanted stock look to deter thieving bastards, I currently run my phone to a bluetooth receiver (just a 3.5mm receiver not a head unit) then to my memphis eqp4. My question is this... I know the eq has good our put voltage but I'm wondering if putting a line driver before the eq is a good idea to boost signal before the eq. Any input is appreciated thanks

Posted

No, it's not a good idea. Your amps only need up to ~6 volts of preamp signal and your preamp is capable of that so adding another active preamplifier will only serve to complicate setting things up. Just be sure that your phone doesn't clip at full volume and you should be fine.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

I tuned it all with the dd1 I'm safe from clipping, but when I check the rca at the amp I'm getting less than 1 volt. I figured my eq needs better input voltage...

Posted

The EQ doesn't need high input voltage, it's a preamplifier. Its job is to amplify and modify the signal it gets from the source. If it can't do that job, adding a different source isn't the answer.... replacing it is.

Perhaps you have the preamp turned down too far.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

I have the eq gains at max, as well as phone volume at max then I tuned amps at max eq volume so that there's no clipping.. that's when I checked rcas, all at full blast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1514 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...