So, this after noon i was on my way up to my brothers house, and long story short, My 2000 ford focus zx3, i just bought last thursday, started to smoke. A buddy of mine from school told me that it was leaking oil, which was splattered on the underside of the hood and on the alternator and was burning off which caused the smoke, i'm not sure what this could be or where it would be leaking, but Im all ears and I appreciate any help that is given, thank you :)

Info about the car: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3, 208k on the body 90k on motor and transmission, raceland coilovers, borla catback exhaust. Engine and trans were replaced from a 2004 focus zx3.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Leaking head gasket perhaps?

My buddy said it wasnt that, i mean it could possibly, but he said he doubted it, it spewed all over the alternator and top of the hood.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Then perhaps a leaking valve cover gasket, loose oil filter, leakage around the oil pressure sensor, or a cracked block. Not able to think of any other possible areas, at least none that should result in oil spraying up that high. A leaking oil pan gasket shouldn't have such happen. My thoughts are that oil is getting onto the pully's and belt, which is how it's getting sprayed everywhere.

Guess you could check the oil fill cap as well.

How bad is the leak? Have you checked your oil level recently?

May want to take the car to a car wash on use a pressure washer to clean off the engine, then you should be able to more easily see where the leak is after letting the car sit while running, maybe even revving the engine to 2K-2500RMM or whatever the engine tends to run at highway speeds.

There's no way to "guess" at where its leaking from. Hose everything down good, and get all the oil off the engine compartment and where ever else it is. Once you do that let it run for a while, jack it up and get under there and see what you can find.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Then perhaps a leaking valve cover gasket, loose oil filter, leakage around the oil pressure sensor, or a cracked block. Not able to think of any other possible areas, at least none that should result in oil spraying up that high. A leaking oil pan gasket shouldn't have such happen. My thoughts are that oil is getting onto the pully's and belt, which is how it's getting sprayed everywhere.

Guess you could check the oil fill cap as well.

It could be not so much a spray as it hits the belt and sprays up front the belt

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

How bad is the leak? Have you checked your oil level recently?

May want to take the car to a car wash on use a pressure washer to clean off the engine, then you should be able to more easily see where the leak is after letting the car sit while running, maybe even revving the engine to 2K-2500RMM or whatever the engine tends to run at highway speeds.

i honestly cant tell you how bad it is, i just got the car last thursday, bought it off craigslist, it ran great, and was for a great price, i should have a mechanic coming to look at it, but im hoping it isnt anything bad.

There's no way to "guess" at where its leaking from. Hose everything down good, and get all the oil off the engine compartment and where ever else it is. Once you do that let it run for a while, jack it up and get under there and see what you can find.

i will have the mechanic look at it, i rather not touch it.

guess? bad rings/egr valve. and you have blow by and oil is going all up in that biatch

Could it be oil sending unit, or possibly a oil cooling line?

not sure, Well i talked to the mechanic and he said it sounds like bad crankshaft o-rings.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Archived