Second Skin Audio

2 re destroyer box

so this is the 3rd box ive built and i thought i had everything right but it just doesnt do much both woofers inverted it gets low on some songs but not much more then with both normal and turning about 35 its still picky about what it hits

nf4pra.png

and this is how i built it

20ap5wj.jpg

my max is 16h-31w-26-d the 17 i used on this box doesnt allow me to put my 6x9s all the way in.

being this is the 3rd box ive built can someone who knows whats up help me build a musical box for these that will get low. atm there only on a at.800.1 beefying up my electrical before i a bigger amp

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

anyone help me design a box?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Have you tried designing with 2 common walls? I see you have a 3" external port, but no port walls?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

shit thats what the 3 should be in not where its at my bad. 3 common walls would be an L port though like i have sketched in paint correct?

so then if my calculations are correct this is how its built if an L port like in paint has 3 common walls

so im tuned rather low

167kuvc.png

i think im going to build another box to the effect of something like this using full thread rod and a small piece of mdf for bracing as to not take up alot of space but this should give me enough space the right tuning and just about enough port area. could anyone offer any advice as to other ideas for these subs tantric said 2-2.5 cubes each tuned to low-mid 30s then keeping port area 14-16. this is going in a trunk car with subs and port forward

27ytyrm.png

i think im going to build another box to the effect of something like this using full thread rod and a small piece of mdf for bracing as to not take up alot of space but this should give me enough space the right tuning and just about enough port area. could anyone offer any advice as to other ideas for these subs tantric said 2-2.5 cubes each tuned to low-mid 30s then keeping port area 14-16. this is going in a trunk car with subs and port forward

27ytyrm.png

Since you dropped the height of the box by 1" you need to drop your port height down another 1".

Archived