warhead052 Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 Not sure if this is the right section, but couldn't find any others...I'd like to know if its possible to "trick" a PXGM9 auxiliary input to think that the cassette slave has a cassette in it. Reason for asking is because my cassette player doesn't work, like it'll take a cassette, try to read it, and spit it right back out. So is there a way to hard wire it to think that there is always a cassette in it when there really isn't so that I can use the aux input? I was thinking the switched 12v might have something to do with it.
truthsayer Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 I really, really doubt it. Your aux input is basicly an audio input jack. truthsayer
warhead052 Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 So does that mean when I hook my phone up it'll send a signal that says "there's a cassette here, I can let you play music through me now"?
truthsayer Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 So does that mean when I hook my phone up it'll send a signal that says "there's a cassette here, I can let you play music through me now"? I dont think so, your cassette player seems to be the issue. That has to work for the PXGM9 to work properly. PXGM9, REQUIRES A SLAVE UNIT. Factory EXTERNAL CD CHANGER, External separate CD player or CASSETTE. Existing slave must be playing for this unit work truthsayer
warhead052 Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Yeah mine doesn't work which is why I was asking if I can hardwire it to trick it to think that there is a cassette in there and playing.
Ahmed Johnson Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 Do you have XM radio? I tapped an aux cord into my xm signal and it worked. I think you might be able to do it without xm, google and see. I think you go into your radio's antenna
warhead052 Posted June 29, 2014 Author Report Posted June 29, 2014 98 Chevy Malibu, stock everything. I've been googling and I haven't been able to find any pinouts, plus I don't know how the cassette player signals the headunit to let it know that a cassette is in the deck.
Ahmed Johnson Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 It's hard, but you gotta ask how to tap an aux cord into the radio.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.