Pioneer Appradio2 compatible with iPhone 5? With the newest firmware update?

Long story made short, I've been offered a screaming deal on a used but mint Pioneer Appradio2, including the mount/harness/Pac module for the steering wheel controls all for my car (being sold by a former 3 owner). My concern is, I have an iPhone5, and I've heard that Pioneer had severe issues with integrating the iPhone5 to their Appradio2 (perhaps fixed with the Appradio3).

My question is, did anyone ever have luck with it? Did their updated firmware and HDMI conversion cable get things working to their satisfaction? How did you like the Appradio2?

I'm looking for honest opinions from people that owned and used this unit. If it doesn't work well with the iPhone5, at least well enough that I can use the Bluetooth for phone calls and the music playing from the iPhone5, then I'm not interested. I'd welcome ya'lls opinions.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Disregard. An afternoon's research has convinced me there's more headache involved and more crap to go wrong with this Appradio2. The concept is cool, but I think the tech needs to mature.

I grabbed a Kenwood Excelon X997 instead. Single din, no nav (didn't use it much anyway), but WAY more sound processing features than the Appradio2.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived