Second Skin Audio

'14 Ram 2500 Mega cab enclosure help

How did you like it, greezy? What trim was it?

took a few pics today after removing the storage compartment and some trim. The window motor will be relocated, as well as another electronic module currently on the back wall..

Bottom width is actually 61" on the remeasure (probably 62 if I removed both side trims). I could also squeeze another inch with the depth by stepping the back wall out towards the top. Every inch counts. giggity.

Was going to start deadening the back wall today but it was so freaking hot out. I've been told to leave the two vents alone..

863ecd56-2950-41f6-a9c8-1398eb651814_zps

21c66b09-eddc-44bc-8bba-ec8b834adbcc_zps

Yep, not a whole lot of room to work with, but I see it as a challenge.

It was a Laramie longhorn . Way more truck than I need. I'm kinda all over the place with what I want. But all that room in the mega cab has me drooling!

Can't wait to see what you decide on. Ct sounds meso line if woofers have very shallow mounting depth for a 2000 wrms sub in my humble opinion. 4 10's on a 7k should sound quite nice.

Yeah I was looking at those at the same time you replied actually.Tough deciding.. I'm also wondering how 10 8's would sound on a ton of power :) I'll be playing around with software tomorrow, hopefully will make a final decision and start ordering stuff..

Can someone take a look at the following and see if I'm on the right track (box, port volume, etc). I played around with the port size/numbers/lengths all in an effort to keep port velocity down, as well as actually fit in the box. I have no idea if there are any pitfalls to what I have here or whether I should change something. Do the box/port frequencies look ok for these subs?

Since I already have the components, I plan on trying this enclosure out first. I'll actually be building another box in parallel, for the more high powered goal later on.. Just really curious as to how these SA's will sound with more room available than what I've had in the past.

This is the design for 3 SA-12 D2's. Amp will be way overkill, but I'll be careful.

3SA12Megacab_zps5d5036fe.jpg

3SA12Megacab2_zps1ded545c.jpg

3SA12Megacab3_zps920338ec.jpg

Oh, the ports should actually be aeros. I had changed it last second in playing around with stuff.

Thanks

Archived