Second Skin Audio

'14 Ram 2500 Mega cab enclosure help

Edit: I need to go back and re-measure some things today. Something doesn't look right with my enclosure max height value after checking out someone else's Mega cab build on another forum. May end up having to stick with the 2 12's after all, perhaps 3 at most.. Oh well.

I re-measured the height tonight. From floor to bottom window is right about 25". I can go 27", if needed..

Excuse my crappy drawing, but this would be the basic shape.. I don't have the sketchup skills, but have been trying to learn. :unsure:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y381/CaddyEXT/Mega%20cab/ver2_zpsd9f681e0.jpg

Here is what I have to work with..

Height 1 (box face): 18"

Height 2 (rear wall): 25" to 27" (27" would end up being a couple inches above the rear window line, but am ok with that)

Depth 1 (top): 8"

Depth 2 (bottom): 11"

Width: 60"

Strongly thinking about selling the two SA-12's and going with three DC XLM2 12's (D1.4's) as they like tight space (1.5 cuft each) and take a good amount of power. I'm looking at the 1.4 coils because on three subs I'd be right around 0.9333 ohm.

Looking at running an NS-1 to them.

First part I'm having issue with is the box volume. I've ran the numbers through a couple of different calculators and am getting different results. One site came out to around 5.5 cuft. RF's box wizard shows 6.7 cuft for the wedge 2 design?? Guess I'd be shooting for around 4.5 to 5 cuft after sub, port and bracing displacement?

As far as sub positions and port alignments, could I run aeros up through the top on say the left side of the box if I position the three subs over on the right? I'm still trying to learn how many, size and lengths by experimenting with the different programs. I'm not opposed to slot porting if there's room for it..

Thanks again

I did remove the back wall trim and floor storage compartment. I'll see what Joe or the other experts think. If I can make 4 xl 12's work I'll do it. Otherwise I'll stick with 3.

Yeah, I did go and look at one today. I could tell you probably had already done it. Can't wait to see how this turns out for you. 4 12's would be amazing!

Archived