Time to replace monitor

My Dell monitor crapped out on me, I plan on getting a HD tv for my basement and was going to hook up the computer to it also... I've heard some tv's have really bad lag issues. does anybody have a good recommendation on a tv?? Atleast 55".

THANKX

Sony makes some of the lowest input lag tv's today. Check out the 55W900A. 19ms of input lag. Just a few more than a gaming monitor but the difference is unfelt/unseeable. The 900a is a pretty pricey unit, but it's one of sony's best right now. From what I've read over at AVS the black levels are amazing. I personally use a 32w650a from sony. 30ms of input lag but I hardly notice it. Even coming from a TN based pc monitor which are great for gaming and have low input lag as well. This sony tv I have does it all. Beautiful picture quality, with fantastic low input lag. This is a 600 series and can't imagine what the 900 series from the 55" would look like :D

Sony also makes a 800 series. 55w802a. 17ms.

Input lag times.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Sony makes some of the lowest input lag tv's today. Check out the 55W900A. 19ms of input lag. Just a few more than a gaming monitor but the difference is unfelt/unseeable. The 900a is a pretty pricey unit, but it's one of sony's best right now. From what I've read over at AVS the black levels are amazing. I personally use a 32w650a from sony. 30ms of input lag but I hardly notice it. Even coming from a TN based pc monitor which are great for gaming and have low input lag as well. This sony tv I have does it all. Beautiful picture quality, with fantastic low input lag. This is a 600 series and can't imagine what the 900 series from the 55" would look like :D

Sony also makes a 800 series. 55w802a. 17ms.

Input lag times.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Well I'm not a hard core gamer.. Only play Starcraft 2 and MUA. I'm thinking of getting one of Vizio E class tv's... I just don't want to be disappointed and end up with a bunch of lag time!! Lol

Archived