Second Skin Audio

Looking for ideas to hatch mount a single 12 enclosure, make it quickly removable but solid

philrab

sorry for the dp, won't let Me edit.

but needless to say don't use the screws that come with the latch. we bored out the holes And put some really strong thick bolts there.

Yep, was thinking this and some nuts/washers on the inside, little dab of silicone in each hole to make damned sure I don't wind up with a leak. Now the only question is do I go ported enclosure or sealed for the Obsidian Audio 12 I have in the back of my head? That'll take some melon scratching, and a couple months to put money away so I can "reward" my diligence with a little present instead of the wife giving me the evil eye cause I spent more money on my car. Freaking getting older and having priorities is rough.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

you ain't kidding! seems like yesterday i was 16 without a care in the world with more money then i knew what to do with!

now I'm 26 wife kid house and every time i wanna spend more then $20 on my self it's a hour debate with myself.

but as far as sealed/ported goes... ported all day every day!

anywhere from 1.8 to 2.5 cubes 6inch aero port tuned between 30/35hz

the size and tune depend on what your looking for.

if you like low deep bass heavy music then 2.5 @30hz if you want a Lil more spl and listen to a wider genera then 2 cubes at 33hz if you want spl 1.8 at 37hz

these aren't exact I'm just kinda giving you a idea of what to think about.

i listen to everything and i usually find that the lower tunes seem to go well with heavy rap and hard rock.

when.i had my 38hz tunes box stufmusic like tool sublime Floyd sounded like crap! when i retuned to 30hz it was all sooooooooo much better!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff