Sundown Audio

Help with Alpine MRX-M240

electronicoasis024

Not new to car audio but..... So i have 2 Alpine Type R 12d2"s in a custom box and i Had a kicker cx1200.1 amp that put out around 1300w and my new alpine amp puts out 2817w but the kicker amp was so much louder and i cant figure out why, i got a bigger secondary battery so power isnt an issue and i set my gain with my multimeter, the alpine is suppose to do the 2817w at 2 ohms at thats how their wired but im completely lost.

What voltage are you dropping to while playing full tilt?

How is the amp and battery grounded?

Setting with a DMM isn't the best way to do things as you could be limiting the amp or even pushing it too hard. Which in the alpine mean that the amp will adjust itself to not clip the signal even though you have it too high.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Everything is Zero gauge, and drilled and bolted to the frame, voltage is around 13.8, stock battery and alternator but with a battery isolator and a XS power d5100 in the trunk. I know the dmm isnt the best way, but i dont have access to an o-scope right now.

did you measure the final load that subs wire out to with the DMM?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived