wtf is wrong with my 2x12" trunkbuild (sql)

can you give us the exact model GZ plutonium amp??

and how did you wire your subs?

did you wire them correctly?

*The WRMS output power is based on the CEA Standard CEA-2006-A ( 14.4V, 1% THD)

its a ground zero GZPA 1.4000DXII
Type
1 Ch Class D
Output Power @ 4 Ohm (CEA*)
1 x 1200 W
Output Power @ 2 Ohm (CEA*)
1 x 2400 W
Output Power @ 1 Ohm (CEA*)
1 x 4000 W
and yes i run coils in series and each sub parallell landing at 0,9ohm nominal.

I live for music!

did you also checked if within the HU--the subwoofer settings are set correctly?

i belive the 80prs has some tricks of setting the subwoofer to its area...

also check if the LPF on the HU is off...sou you can set it on you amplifier properly

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

The point of the gain is to match the input signal from the h.u.

Most amps are labeled like

6v to .2v

So if you have 5v inputs, your gain should be closer to minimum then maximum is all he was saying

It's all very rough speak obviously there's plenty of settings that could influence setting your gain properly so you'll have to make sure everything is properly set.

But again roughly with 2 12s on a 4k amp you should be wellll into the 40s easilly.

As someone else noted. If your not using a term lab or at least an spl labs meter then your results reallllly may be crap.

So until you get your hands on a meter you can trust, sit back and listen to your music. You should be concerned with whether or not you like how it sounds as oppossed to what number it's doing.

ye i know and the pioneer 80prs dont have any distortion or minimal even att full volume, so thats why ive tuned it to play with full power at 90% vol.

Is those meters really so bad?

To the ear it sounds louder than the previous setup and car doing 142/45hz but i play 134 at much lower frequencies and maybe thats why it feels louder.

I live for music!

so then you need to build a box and tune it lower than 39hz...maybe 32-34?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

did you also checked if within the HU--the subwoofer settings are set correctly?

i belive the 80prs has some tricks of setting the subwoofer to its area...

also check if the LPF on the HU is off...sou you can set it on you amplifier properly

im running semi active 3way in front and the subwoofersettings is 50hz 18db/oct lpf for sq but when i measured it i changed it to 80hz and 12db/oct.

and on the amp its turned up all way dont remember how high that is but at least 150hz lpf so its the lpf on the HU that counts in my case.

But maybe i should try to play with lpf off on HU and turn it down on the amp to like 60hz but then i only have 12db/oct.

I live for music!

screw the octaves...turn it off on the HU and set it properly on the amplifier...

also if not there is a possibility to build a new box?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

so then you need to build a box and tune it lower than 39hz...maybe 32-34?

like i said the first box i build in this car was tuned to 36hz (3db lower than now) with smaller portarea and boxvolume but then my car peaked at 28hz and at mid 40s and above it played very weak

I live for music!

but how did you port it ....aero ports? or regular slot port?

also sometimes it helps if you do subs on front and the port on the side----worked for me a couple of times...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

screw the octaves...turn it off on the HU and set it properly on the amplifier...

also if not there is a possibility to build a new box?

yeah im going to try this the next time im going to the garage.

haha thats the fun part, this is the third box i build for this car, the first was 2 seperat boxes because i couldnt get 1 large box in if i build it outside the car.

On these boxes i had a tunnel in front of the boxes that lead the pressure in through the hole in the backrest? that didnt work because it acted like a bandpass box with that tunnel in front.

then i throw away that tunnel and did some testing with the two boxes only playing forward without sealing it off,that didnt work either but it played better than with the tunnel so i tuned them higher like 36hz but it seemed like the boxes was to small

The boxes were 48liters to each sub after port and sub was in, thats like 1,7cubic ft to each sub.

after that i turned mad and decided to build the way i didnt want to in the first place, to build a box in the car as big as possible so i could box the volume down if i needed to and with replaceable ports so i could swap and try diffrent portarea and tuning frequencies and thats were i am today.

A box that is 4,4cubic ft with present port and the subs in tuned to 39hz with 63sq inch in portarea.

sorry for my bad english :)

I live for music!

Archived